Recent Price Hike At Trail's End Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Per Josh at EasyWDW, prices for many buffets, shows, and AYCTE got a recent price hike and I noted higher prices for Trail's End compared to the prices in Rusty's sticky thread (prices as of 6/30/19) on the DIS Dining Forum (includes drink and tax but not tip).

TE Breakfast (adult/child): old = $23.43/$12.78 new = $28.76/$15.98 equates to +18%/+25%
TE Brunch (weekend) (adult/child): old = $29.82/$15.98 new = $31.95/$17.04 equates to +7%/+7%
TE Dinner (adult/child): old = $37.28/$20.24 new = $39.41/$21.30 equates to +6%/+5%

For Josh's very helpful article on all the locations he lists, please see the article here.

So on top of 8% (average) campsite price increases for 2020 we get this. The CPI inflation rate for the last 12 months has been 1.6%.

So you'll have to bring some more cash next time.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Ya know (Ed said reflectively).....

In the past I was a fan of the TE Brunch in particular. The last few years when I did a January visit on Marathon weekend, a TE Brunch hit the spot the day after doing the Half or the Whole Marathon (2 trips, 2 great meals). And I used to say on here (and to others) that the TE breakfast and brunch were great "values".

But at these prices, the food will have to stand up on my plate and sing Yankee Doodle.

We have choices and we can go offsite and get a similar quality AYCTE breakfast within a 10 minute drive for one third the price. Or since we all drag our kitchens/stoves/hot plates down with us when we vacation, we can do a heck of a meal on our site. (my preference).

For these bean counters in the Lake Buena Vista bunker, they act like this is only a mathematical exercise of annual prices increases and higher profits with little elasticity of demand. They're the type who propose a destructive action then change jobs or accept a position elsewhere so they don't have to reconcile the impact of their prior decisions. I see this in my corporate life (we call it the "Hit and Run"). The Hit is making the terrible decision and the Run is the bailout to a different position before the consequences trickle back from that terrible decision.

This is why I have fewer WDW vacations in my future (and judging by social media, more people are choosing the same).

Bama Ed

PS - I don't think I have done a TE dinner in YEARS. Not at those prices. I always tip my server well at TE breakfast/brunch tho (at least 15% for an AYCTE service and at least 20% for regular Table Service). But I've been on other continents and had great meals at half this price in tourist zones.

Last edited:
One of the things i wanted to to( and still will ) is trails end. Mostly because of the good stuff you guys posted. I am only doing a few restaurants in disney. , be our guest, for my daughter, trails end for a family thing, and the hoop de doo as i fear it will be gone soon. I wanted the Mickeys BBQ buts thats gone. This is unfortunately what im willing to spend. This is not because i cant afford it , but because i juat cant justify it. No way , no how. And your right ed, i have full acess to some not so bad cooking stuff. I will learn to use it!

And your right ed, i have full acess to some not so bad cooking stuff. I will learn to use it!

One trip in the recent past we went to the Shoney's in Lake Buena Vista.

12204 S Apopka Vineland Road. It's out the Fort entrance (Vista Blvd) turn left and go through all the lights, speed humps, 4 way stops till you come to a Tee. Turn right and run down to Hwy 535 (Apopka Vineland Rd). Turn left and it will be immediately on your left (my Winn Dixie is a little further down on the right).

They had a breakfast buffet at Shoney's. It wasn't great but it was almost one third the price. And it was 10 minutes from my campsite in 100 loop (near Trails End).

We have options.

Bama Ed

Its breakfast and a show :P
We got some really great fresh,thick,smoked bacon as we came through Texas. I love the smell of bacon cooking on the outdoor stove too in the morning. Another reason we cant seem to make it to RD. We also like Sweet Tomatoes only 8 minutes out the back. We are all lucky to have our rigs at the fort with options other resort people dont have. Also people at other resorts never really get to know there neighbors.

Hello all, I do remember breakfast at under $10.00 and when the site went over $100.00 I was shocked at that. Snowbird discounts along with AAA discounts gone. But still did 7 weeks at the fort last winter. This year $1,300 a month 20 mile out nice class A resort. We take our cans of soda in the parks with us and find it hard to eat sit down anymore$. We will do TE on our first night visiting the park along with annual passes. But to stay at the Fort for any length of time is getting to pricey for us. Thanks, Joe

Ya know (Ed said reflectively).....

In the past I was a fan of the TE Brunch in particular. The last few years when I did a January visit on Marathon weekend, a TE Brunch hit the spot the day after doing the Half or the Whole Marathon (2 trips, 2 great meals). And I used to say on here (and to others) that the TE breakfast and brunch were great "values".

But at these prices, the food will have to stand up on my plate and sing Yankee Doodle.

We have choices and we can go offsite and get a similar quality AYCTE breakfast within a 10 minute drive for one third the price. Or since we all drag our kitchens/stoves/hot plates down with us when we vacation, we can do a heck of a meal on our site. (my preference).

For these bean counters in the Lake Buena Vista bunker, they act like this is only a mathematical exercise of annual prices increases and higher profits with little elasticity of demand. They're the type who propose a destructive action then change jobs or accept a position elsewhere so they don't have to reconcile the impact of their prior decisions. I see this in my corporate life (we call it the "Hit and Run"). The Hit is making the terrible decision and the Run is the bailout to a different position before the consequences trickle back from that terrible decision.

This is why I have fewer WDW vacations in my future (and judging by social media, more people are choosing the same).

Bama Ed

PS - I don't think I have done a TE dinner in YEARS. Not at those prices. I always tip my server well at TE breakfast/brunch tho (at least 15% for an AYCTE service and at least 20% for regular Table Service). But I've been on other continents and had great meals at half this price in tourist zones.

My sentiments exactly. We used to do TE at least once each trip with the whole family but even the people who arent paying for it (everyone but me) have said its not worth the $$$ anymore. I have been told I am a pretty good cook and both my boys know their way around a kitchen so theres never a shortage of good grub at the campsite.

They’ve been raising prices seasonally and around special events for awhile. Their in the Steak and Lobster Tail price range now and that’s never going to happen-LOL! They also took Pizza off the Lounge/Bar Menu at Crockett’s Tavern. We were told by the bartender they can get in trouble if they order it for guests at the bar. Take out pizza only! But, being a good customer service person, she still ordered it for us but we kept waiting to get the boot from management. Make sure to note all these changes and your opinions on the “feedback email” you get from The Fort Customer Service Manager! In case you don't get the feedback email, here's a link to the survey that you can use: Campground Customer Service Survey

Last edited:
They’ve been raising prices seasonally and around special events for awhile.

The recent feedback I have seen (primarily over the last two years, Breezy) on the DIS Dining Forum is that seasonal pricing, which was in vogue for a while, has been kicked out to the curb in favor of frequent, regular, permanent price increases. Not just at the Fort but everywhere.

There are no special events to trigger any unique pricing in early October (if claiming Halloween, I counter with Thanksgiving; If Thanksgiving, I counter with Christmas only four weeks further; it is the Disney Way these days.....). It's a naked cash grab.

It iz wat it iz. :crowded:

Bama Ed

PS - thanks for the survey link but I don't do surveys per se). I vote with my feet and my dollar$ go elsewhere. Surveys are a function of only those who choose to respond. That is only a partial view. Simple statistics....

So true, Bama Ed, it is a naked cash grab. Like you we express our dismay by no longer eating at Trails End. The closest we get is Crockett's Tavern. As far as the "survey" it's actually a "feedback" form. The link takes you to a screen that asks your room number, last name, and text box where you are limited to 500 words to express your opinion. I was truly impressed with the personal phone call I received after offering "feedback" and the compensation I received. It was a fine example of how good Disney Customer Service can be. There's a big difference between venting on forums but another to actually have the ear of management. They asked for it and really did listen and respond.

Wow I remember when the adult prices weren't too far from what the kids prices are now. Still cheaper than other buffets on property.

If your reservation is from before the price hikes for a Fixe price meal, do you get the old or new price?

If your reservation is from before the price hikes for a Fixe price meal, do you get the old or new price?

I'm sure they charge you the new price.

Some meals/shows require you to pre-pay in advance (like Hoop Dee Doo at the Fort) and after a price increase is announced, they don't charge you the extra $4 increase (example) the day you attend the event. They charge the rate in effect the day they ask you to pay. The new TE pricing will be in effect when you show up, eat, and pay then so you will get the higher prices.

Still cheaper than other buffets on property.

This is why I won't pay to eat the other buffets on property. Even IF the attitude is, "well you're at Disney", the actual price being charged exceeds the perceived value being received IMO.

If there is a show or beer or tip already included like in HDDR, although pricey, IMO that offers a value for food, alchohol, and entertainment. But for straight food, I am not a fan of the direction things are heading for.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We've never eaten at TE, mostly because I avoid buffets in general due to fear of X-contamination (Celiac Disease). The price is another good reason to avoid it! Disney buffets are normally overpriced especially because I have to stand in a line and serve myself. For those prices I'd want someone a handsome waiter to bring my food on a silver platter, cut it up, and feed it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter