Reception Plates

acresse

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Disney offers plain white dishes for each place setting, or do you have to rent chargers for a plate to be set? Chargers start to add up quickly, but I would like a plate at each place setting, even though I’m having a buffet.

Basic white dishware, glassware, silverware, white tablecloths, chairs and tables are all included free at every venue. However, if you are having a buffet, they generally do not place the plates at each place—they stack them at the end of the buffet. Instead, the napkin fills the place a plate would, in whatever style of fold you request. Here's how I did it at my last event:

HAYWARD_EPCOT_2019%20017_zpstftpgano.jpg

Otherwise, you would need to rent chargers or see if they'll agree to place the plates at each place instead (but then folks have to know to grab a plate from their seat rather than head straight to the buffet the way they normally would). Chargers don't have to be expensive, though. I used faux Monstera leaves as chargers at this event:

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20059_zpsghgpnhoc.jpg

Basic white dishware, glassware, silverware, white tablecloths, chairs and tables are all included free at every venue. However, if you are having a buffet, they generally do not place the plates at each place—they stack them at the end of the buffet. Instead, the napkin fills the place a plate would, in whatever style of fold you request. Here's how I did it at my last event:

HAYWARD_EPCOT_2019%20017_zpstftpgano.jpg

Otherwise, you would need to rent chargers or see if they'll agree to place the plates at each place instead (but then folks have to know to grab a plate from their seat rather than head straight to the buffet the way they normally would). Chargers don't have to be expensive, though. I used faux Monstera leaves as chargers at this event:

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20059_zpsghgpnhoc.jpg
Thank you so much for the information😊. I love the idea of the multicolored napkins and the Monstera. I will have menus and wanted something to place them on as a backdrop.

Lurkyloo, is there any chance you have an example (photo) where someone did the tux and bow napkin folds? its like $3.50 per napkin extra but they look SO cute! Since Im doing a buffet and the napkin will fill the space of the plate I thought it would be fun to do a specialty napkin fold instead of chargers. Maybe along with a menu card.

You know, the only time I've ever seen one was at our planning session, when they had samples of all the napkin folds (but no bow tie in the tux):

Napkin%20Folds%20DFTW_zps6tviiyhr.jpg

We had our reception in the Napa Room at California Grill. I ended up dropping the chargers, and just going with plain white dishes and silverware they had. No one even noticed them. I just upgraded linens, and had made a menu card off of Minted.com for each table seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!