Recommendations for counter service at MK

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are not very familiar with the counter service places at MK. We have two trips this summer where we can try a few out. Can you please share which ones on the list below you would recommend and your favorite menu items? Also, share which ones you would suggest we skip and why?

Casey's Corner
Tortuga Tavern
Pecos Bill
Sleepy Hollow
Cosmic Ray's
Diamond Horseshoe
Lunching Pad

Thanks as always in advance.

For me, hands down it's Pecos Bill. The menu was good, we ordered and shared a Fajita Platter and a Southwest Salad, trying to eat fairly healthy. Both had good flavor and plenty to eat. The fixin bar is always a bit hit too.

We liked pecos bill when we tried that two years ago. I believe I had a fajita but I can’t remember. We didn’t, however, like cosmic rays at all. It was super busy and hard just to get a clean table. You didn’t mention Pinocchio’s but we didn’t like that one either.

We went to Pecos Bill on our 2016 trip, having not made any plans for food in MK (which is unusual as food planning is basically a hobby in my family!). We ended up going to Pecos Bills and really liked it. We had salad and nachos I think, but everyone said that they enjoyed their food. My Brother in law and sister in law went to Casey’s Corner on that trip and said that it was really good, although they couldn’t get a seat inside on a warm day which is one of those things I guess. I think for the trip this year I’ll be going to either Pecos Bill or Casey’s Corner, unless anything I read here changes my mind!

Pecos Bill's is our usual, aside from BOG. Endless guacamole and shredded cheese on the toppings bar!

Sleepy Hollow has some good snacks. I've wanted to try one of the waffles for years but we've always been there with free dining and they aren't snack or meal credits (and I DO NOT need any extra food when on the dining plan).

One thing I've always found about Columbia Harbour House is if you sit upstairs, its almost always empty! I don't know if people just don't realise theres an upstairs or what, but its a great place to find some quite time in the crazy of counter service restaurants! :)

This! Columbia Harbour House is a great place to sit and relax. You can even see some of the FoF Parade from the upper windows.

I also love love love Sleepy Hollow. Their nutella and fruit waffle is just wonderful. I also like that it takes a little longer for everything to come out because a lot of their stuff is made as it's ordered instead of taken out of a heated area. Their outdoor seating also offers a great view of the castle!

Casey's Corner is something we like to grab on the way out simply because we like to linger on Main Street a bit. Their hotdogs are good but the atmosphere while you are eating them is better!

For me, hands down it's Pecos Bill. The menu was good, we ordered and shared a Fajita Platter and a Southwest Salad, trying to eat fairly healthy. Both had good flavor and plenty to eat. The fixin bar is always a bit hit too.
Agree! I love Pecos Bills and cannot wait to go again in April.

One thing I've always found about Columbia Harbour House is if you sit upstairs, its almost always empty! I don't know if people just don't realise theres an upstairs or what, but its a great place to find some quite time in the crazy of counter service restaurants! :)

I had no idea they had upstairs dining! Will do this on my next trip!

Pecos Bill has been one of our goto for CS. Fajita platter is our favorite.
Also Pinocchio Village Haus is good for flat breads.
I would also consider Columbia Harbor House even though it wasn't on your list. You can sit upstairs and look over the Haunted Mansion area.

Is there any particular reason you’ve decided against Columbia Harbour House? It’s my favorite CS restaurant at the MK, and I love sitting upstairs there, where it tends to be quieter.

On your list, I enjoy Pinnochio Village Hays, particularly if I can snag a table overlooking it’s a small world!

Hi all,

We are not very familiar with the counter service places at MK. We have two trips this summer where we can try a few out. Can you please share which ones on the list below you would recommend and your favorite menu items? Also, share which ones you would suggest we skip and why?

Casey's Corner
Tortuga Tavern
Pecos Bill
Sleepy Hollow
Cosmic Ray's
Diamond Horseshoe
Lunching Pad

Thanks as always in advance.

Diamond Horseshoe is a quick service? I always thought it was a table service restaurant. I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it at all.

Last edited:
Columbia Harbor House not on your list?? Consistently best CS in MK.
Sleepy Hollow has populat waffle sandwiches and "the best" corn dog, if you like that kind of thing.
Tortuga recently added (or soon will add) a BBQ sandwich of sorts, otherwise a bad hot dog only option. Pecos Bill is still on the TEX/MEX side of things most guests enjoy.
All the others we skip.

My guess is that you have picked these as they are the place that most likely everyone in your party will eat. I am only going to respond on the once I have been to in the last 3-4 visits.

Casey's Corner - I rarely eat QS hot dogs or burgers. I love the hot dogs at Casey's. I had hoped to get a second visit on my last trip, but did not. I go with the basic chili/cheese dog, but my cousin likes the mac & cheese dog.

Pecos Bill - We tend to eat here at least once a trip, so I am a bit tired of it, but I love that the food is good and different. I tend to do soft tacos or fajitas.

Sleepy Hollow - I have really only done the waffle for breakfast or as dessert, but they were quite good. I just have not felt like trying the sandwich ones.

Cosmic Ray's - I tend to eat here often, but more out of necessity than want at lunch. I really do not have a favorite and change it up every time. I think a couple of items might be interesting to try, but are not usually something I would want at lunch time. I have not tried them for a QS dinner in over a decade and I am pretty sure the menu was different then.

Is there any particular reason you’ve decided against Columbia Harbour House? It’s my favorite CS restaurant at the MK, and I love sitting upstairs there, where it tends to be quieter.

On your list, I enjoy Pinnochio Village Hays, particularly if I can snag a table overlooking it’s a small world!

We are for sure dining at Columbia Harbour House. I was looking for other counter service places in addition to CHH.

To me, the Lunching Pad isn't really a counter service restaurant. I see it more like a snack bar. The only 'meals' they have are a hot dog and some kind of pulled pork BBQ sandwich, you can't even get fries, just a bag of chips. Other than that, frozen slushies, and pretzels. There's not even a kids meal choice, so it doesn't make the cut to call it a 'meal', its just a snack stop.

Tortuga Tavern to me is also more of a snack stop that a place to have a 'meal'. The last time I was there it was hot dog/bag of chips, turkey leg, chocolate chip cookie. That's all they had. I think they have recently added a few new items to the menu, but it's not a really meals as far as I see.

I'd suggest trying Cosmic Rays if you haven't been there before. My husband loves Cosmic Rays. They have the fixings bar which he loves so that he can pile his burger high with lots of tomatoes, mushroooms and pickles. I'm not a big fan of any WDW burgers, but I do really like the Rotisserie chicken/mashed potatoes/green beans meal that they have. We also like sitting in the side room and watching the show.

Sleepy Hollow for waffles for sure, the nutella and fruit is a family fav. Harbour House is our go-to so we very rarely eat elsewhere, but, the upside to Cosmic Ray's to us was the toppings bar. You can do a lot of things to a burger at that toppings bar. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter