>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

If you have a split stay with dining plans, will you receive new mugs at your second resort?

You already got this answered, but just as a cautionary tale with split stays - I recently did a split stay with dining plans in January and they had a lot of trouble activating my dining plan for the second part of the trip. After reading more on here, I think the problem was likely that I never physically checked out of the first resort. A lot of people have done it without issue, but to save you from a giant headache like the one I encountered, which took literally hours and like five different cast members to correct, I would strongly suggest going to the front desk of your first resort and making sure you are checked out.

You already got this answered, but just as a cautionary tale with split stays - I recently did a split stay with dining plans in January and they had a lot of trouble activating my dining plan for the second part of the trip. After reading more on here, I think the problem was likely that I never physically checked out of the first resort. A lot of people have done it without issue, but to save you from a giant headache like the one I encountered, which took literally hours and like five different cast members to correct, I would strongly suggest going to the front desk of your first resort and making sure you are checked out.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I’m wondering if I should rearrange some of our plans. We had intended to use some credits from both the old and new plans for a dinner at Ohana on our moving day. Maybe we should avoid any potential for a glitch

Thanks for the heads up. Now I’m wondering if I should rearrange some of our plans. We had intended to use some credits from both the old and new plans for a dinner at Ohana on our moving day. Maybe we should avoid any potential for a glitch

You can still use your old credits after you have checked out. They are good until midnight on the day you check out.

I think as long as you check out of the first hotel you will be fine. What I would recommend is check out and then go to the food court and ask them to print out your meal plan balances and just make sure it looks right. I found out the very hard way that what they see at the front desk is not the same thing they see at restaurants.

You can still use your old credits after you have checked out. They are good until midnight on the day you check out.

Yes, which is why we planned the meals we did. However, I have read posts on a few different threads about people having issues going from their first to second dining plan when doing a split stay. Technically on "move day" you should have what's remaining on the old plan until midnight plus what's on the new plan but it seems to not work properly all the time. I'm worried if we try to pay for half of our party at Ohana with the "old" dining plan and the other half with the new we may run into an issue like others have mentioned.

My experience with split stay and2 plans was you had to use Every Single Credit Off the first plan before the 2nd one even opens up.

That is correct. Every snack and quick service credit from stay #1 before being able to use any table service credits from stay #2.

My experience with split stay and2 plans was you had to use Every Single Credit Off the first plan before the 2nd one even opens up.

That is correct. Every snack and quick service credit from stay #1 before being able to use any table service credits from stay #2.

This is what I have seen too, which is why I’m worried about it being in the same meal.

In this scenario there will be 7 of us so my original plan involved using whatever credits were left (maybe 3-5) and then using credits from the new plan for the rest of the party.

I could just make sure we have exactly 7 credits left, use them for Ohana dinner, and then start using the second dining plan the following day. But I would just have to come up with somewhere else during the trip to use those extra credits.

I’m very interested to hear what resorts each of the mugs have been spotted at. We know the Mickey version was at All Star Movies
Are certain designs only going to certain resorts? Or do we get to choose between different designs? Time will tell once all of the resorts start getting stocked & the old designs are all gone..

I was watching Spokesmayne’s live stream last night and saw the new Pixar themed mugs when he went to the Contemporary.

Has anyone spotted the Mickey design at the any of the Epcot resorts? I have a vacation coming up at the end of March, so hoping to get some new mug designs. Thanks for any information.

Hello, all.
Sorry if this information is covered deeper in this thread (or elsewhere) but darn if I could find it.
I thought that the refillable mugs were ONLY for use at the resorts and NOT at the actual parks. However, my cousin just returned from a trip to WDW last week and she told me that she was able to use her refillable mug EVERYWHERE. Including in the parks!
Has there been a policy change?

Hello, all.
Sorry if this information is covered deeper in this thread (or elsewhere) but darn if I could find it.
I thought that the refillable mugs were ONLY for use at the resorts and NOT at the actual parks. However, my cousin just returned from a trip to WDW last week and she told me that she was able to use her refillable mug EVERYWHERE. Including in the parks!
Has there been a policy change?
No, the refillable mugs are still only refilled for free at the resorts, not the theme parks. She may have refilled her mug illegally at the counter service restaurants where you fill your own drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter