>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Can i buy a mug if staying offsite?

We are staying 8 nights at AKL then 10 at an Villa Offsite, than 3 onsite. So i would buy a mug after the 14 Days because we have some dining reservations while we are staying offsite, and want to use the mug at the resorts and then while the 3 onsite stay
They are usually activated at minimum for two weeks when you purchase them. When you buy it, just let the CM know you will be switching to OKW and need it valid through X date when you check-out.

They are usually activated at minimum for two weeks when you purchase them. When you buy it, just let the CM know you will be switching to OKW and need it valid through X date when you check-out.

We are not staying at OKW . We are staying 10 days offsite between the 2 onsite Stays.
I dont think they will activate it for 22 days

We are not staying at OKW . We are staying 10 days offsite between the 2 onsite Stays.
Just let them know at AKL that you have the later reservation and see if they will activate all the way through your last onsite checkout date, the worst they will say is no.

Sorry, IDK where I read OKW (maybe the villa part confused me?), but I would give the last date of your last onsite reservation. I've had mugs activated for 6 weeks without saying anything before.

We will have the dining plan for our next stay, but can we pick up our mugs at the food court of a different resort from the one where we are staying on arrival day?

Edited to say I found the answer and it is YES!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that the mugs now appear to be activated for 4 weeks. I bought mine on 5/5 and it says it’s active til 6/2

What do you need to verify it? That is what it said every time I filled up the cup.

I'm curious if this is happening consistently. When we were there last year we bought 6 mugs all at the same time (one transaction at a single register). When we filled the mugs for the first time, we noticed that some of those mugs had the standard 2 week date; 1 or 2 had a date 4 weeks out; and 1 had a date 6 weeks out. I have no idea why or how we ended up with 3 different expiration dates on mugs that were all bought at the same time and activated by the same person.

You got a date of 4 weeks when you bought your mug but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone is getting that.

I'm curious if this is happening consistently. When we were there last year we bought 6 mugs all at the same time (one transaction at a single register). When we filled the mugs for the first time, we noticed that some of those mugs had the standard 2 week date; 1 or 2 had a date 4 weeks out; and 1 had a date 6 weeks out. I have no idea why or how we ended up with 3 different expiration dates on mugs that were all bought at the same time and activated by the same person.

You got a date of 4 weeks when you bought your mug but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone is getting that.
Ok. That makes sense. I was confused with the PP question. The CM did tell me I had a month when I bought it tho

If we have a split stay and DP is on the second part, can we get the resort mug and activate it on the first part of the stay?

If we have a split stay and DP is on the second part, can we get the resort mug and activate it on the first part of the stay?

No, the meal plan is not active until the first day of the stay. You can pay for a resort mug at the first and continue to use it at the second resort, if you really want one to use.

We activated mugs at AoA on May 11 and they were good for 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter