>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Is there a way to buy the refillable mug, but use another mug for the drinks, so that the new mug remains unused and "new"? Like I'd want to give it as a gift to someone when I got home but I want the unlimited resort drinks it comes with. Does that make sense?

There's a chip in the base that activates the drink stations, so no, a different mug wouldn't work. You could fill your resort mug and then pour it into a different mug, but that's about the best you could do.

We have a split stay between Wilderness Lodge (3 nights) and Beach Club (4 nights) coming up in Sept,. We also have the DDP for each leg of our stay. Does that actually mean that we will have to get new mugs when we swap resorts?

We have a split stay between Wilderness Lodge (3 nights) and Beach Club (4 nights) coming up in Sept,. We also have the DDP for each leg of our stay. Does that actually mean that we will have to get new mugs when we swap resorts?
You won't be *required* to get new mugs, but you can if you want. You paid for them, so you might as well.

Yes, for $19.99.

For the metal mugs? The poster was asking about the skyliner mug.

You can. You don’t have to. Out of the cost of the dining plan the mug is a pretty cheap part!

Is there any way someone who has the new stainless steel mug could tell me the diameter? I'm trying to buy a rubber ring of sorts to go around it so I can caribiner it to my bag.

Is there any way someone who has the new stainless steel mug could tell me the diameter? I'm trying to buy a rubber ring of sorts to go around it so I can caribiner it to my bag.

Here's a copy of my posts from several pages back!
Sitting here at my desk with ALL the Skyliner merch, cause i just love that a tad too much. Trying to figure out myself what handle to order for my mug and can't find one that i don't think will cover part of the design.

Pertinent measurements for anyone who wants to tackle this problem with me :P
From the bottom of the silver ring at the top of the mug until the very bottom of the mug - 6.5"
From the bottom of the silver ring at the top of the mug to the top of the design
7/8"
Diameter of the mug just under the silver ring - 11.5"
Diameter at the bottom of the mug - 8.5"
The mug holds - 19 ounces (yeah you could possibly squeeze in 20 but the lid won't go on!)
Yes it leaks ... but that's not enough of a reason to not get one!
Yes it keeps things hot - hubby burnt his tongue!
Yes it keeps things cold - left it beside the bed water was still cool 10 hours later

Small problem noticed before we even came home -- some of the paint close to the top of hubby's is chipping

Perfect thanks! I think we will take the skyliner from Beach Club to Topolino's terrace on arrival day for a late breakfast and pick up a skyliner one at the Riviera!
There have been reports that the Beach Club has the Skyliner mug. You might want to check there before you go to Riviera.

Glad I popped over here & read page 1! So, no refills in the parks, that's a bummer. I'm barely in my resort so I don't think a mug would be worth it for me in that case. Is the Skyliner mug different, or is there one that'll let me get soda/coffee in the parks at QS spots?

Glad I popped over here & read page 1! So, no refills in the parks, that's a bummer. I'm barely in my resort so I don't think a mug would be worth it for me in that case. Is the Skyliner mug different, or is there one that'll let me get soda/coffee in the parks at QS spots?

Sadly no, nothing that allows you to get drinks in the park mug wise. If you have the dining plan your meals will include a beverage. You can get an alcoholic beverage. Many meals, like Be Our Guest, and just about any table service meal, will let you have a soda or coffee and your alcoholic beverage. It's not very unusual or really prevented to see people filling up mugs at restaurants that have self service soda fountains when dining there.

There's a chip in the base that activates the drink stations, so no, a different mug wouldn't work. You could fill your resort mug and then pour it into a different mug, but that's about the best you could do.

What about the non-fountain drinks? I'm thinking of things like coffee that dispense without a chip. If I'm without dishwasher access for the duration of the trip, I kind of want to avoid coffee/iced coffee out of the same mug as soft drinks. This is especially true with the plastic mugs, which are more likely to hold onto the smell.

If I brought my Pixar/Mickey mug with me (so people can see I have one), would any CMs give me a hard time about putting coffee into a different container? I realize I can make coffee in the room, but that's not the same. Plus, I've heard that there's some delicious iced coffee at Beach Club, which might be worth a quick trip over on a HS or Epcot day.

No refillable mug for parks at all. You do have the option of going to a resort close to the parks and filling up. Like stop off at Contemporary, and continue on to MK. Or hop out of the IG at Epcot and run to the bakery on the boardwalk. But if you're in the parks all day and don't get a mug through DDP, you're probably better off ordering a case of soda to your room, and just packing those with you to the park. They'd be less expensive, and less likely to leak than a prefilled mug.

Wondering if refillable mugs might be banned for a while because of the CV and the possibility of contamination if it touches the spout.

Well I mean it's kinda irrelevant since Disney parks have been banned for awhile now
I'm sure she is talking about the point when Disney resorts reopen. 🤦‍♀️

To the original question, it's certainly possible. Starbucks and other coffee shops have done it, so I could see Disney following suit. Although I don't know what they would do with their dining plan people.

Wondering if refillable mugs might be banned for a while because of the CV and the possibility of contamination if it touches the spout.
I'm sure she is talking about the point when Disney resorts reopen. 🤦‍♀️

To the original question, it's certainly possible. Starbucks and other coffee shops have done it, so I could see Disney following suit. Although I don't know what they would do with their dining plan people.

At this point, I’m sure everything is on the table and possible. That said, I doubt it’s something they’ve even thought about. Actually, if they were to ban refillable mugs (doubt they will) than they would have to ban all the filling stations at all the resorts, since it would be just as likely someone getting a regular drink could also touch the spout.

Also, if Disney is gonna go to take level precaution, which I’m not against, than what other chances are they gonna make? Case in point, what are they gonna do with buses, lines, park openings, especially Hollywood Studios? There is no way they’re gonna be able to allow that many people to stand so close to one another. I’m hoping for the best, especially since I’m going with my brother and his family in July, but sadly I think I’m probably gonna have to cancel. Luckily I don’t have to make that decision until 30 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter