>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

hi ,i have a split stay for the first three days i have no dining plan,it seens silly to buy a mug twice so can i bring my own tea bag and use hot water and creamer free?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

Mugs are good for 14 days or length of stay, whichever is longer. If you purchase a mug during the first part of your stay, it will still be good during the second. So there isn't any reason to purchase another one.

Now, whether or not it is a good buy for you is another story. That depends on how much you would use it.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

Mugs are good for 14 days or length of stay, whichever is longer. If you purchase a mug during the first part of your stay, it will still be good during the second. So there isn't any reason to purchase another one.

Now, whether or not it is a good buy for you is another story. That depends on how much you would use it.
...sorry,i wasn't very clear!..I have a 10 day resort stay with dining plan but have extended my stay by 3 days prior (room only)!.Im trying to figure out what would be best for us (party of 3}.to buy mugs for 3 days(54 dollars) or bring our own tea for the three days and use the hot water!.

hi ,i have a split stay for the first three days i have no dining plan,it seens silly to buy a mug twice so can i bring my own tea bag and use hot water and creamer free?
I have done just that....I only drink tea, so I will have my own mug, my own teabags and get the hot water from the machine. I don't use cream, but I did use their lemons. Hubby buys his own mug because he drinks oodles of soda.

If I have 2 reservation numbers (1 night at SSR on DVC points) and 3 more nights at CSR (part of a tour package..no dining) can I buy length of stay 1st night at SSR and it will still be good at CSR even though it is a completely different ressie?

If I have 2 reservation numbers (1 night at SSR on DVC points) and 3 more nights at CSR (part of a tour package..no dining) can I buy length of stay 1st night at SSR and it will still be good at CSR even though it is a completely different ressie?
I think what people are trying to explain, is no matter where you purchase the mug, it is good for 14 days no matter where you stay. Its the number of days, not your reservation. The cup has a chip in it that stays active, its not off your reservation or your band but the chip inside.

I think what people are trying to explain, is no matter where you purchase the mug, it is good for 14 days no matter where you stay. Its the number of days, not your reservation. The cup has a chip in it that stays active, its not off your reservation or your band but the chip inside.
:thumbsup2
Something to remember, your cup is not linked to your band or your reservation.

In fact, people not staying at a Disney resort can purchase a mug.

:thumbsup2
Something to remember, your cup is not linked to your band or your reservation.

In fact, people not staying at a Disney resort can purchase a mug.

Yes. Your resort mug is not tied to your reservation in any way. You'll get one free with the purchase of a dining plan, but anyone can purchase one, whether or not you're staying at a Disney resort. Once it's purchased, it can be used at any RapidFill station at any Disney-owned resort at WDW for 14 days.

The only way the magic band comes into play is if you're getting a free mug because you're on the dining plan. The cashier will scan your band to confirm that you have the dining plan, so you won't be charged for the mug.

Yes. Your resort mug is not tied to your reservation in any way. You'll get one free with the purchase of a dining plan, but anyone can purchase one, whether or not you're staying at a Disney resort. Once it's purchased, it can be used at any RapidFill station at any Disney-owned resort at WDW for 14 days.

The only way the magic band comes into play is if you're getting a free mug because you're on the dining plan. The cashier will scan your band to confirm that you have the dining plan, so you won't be charged for the mug.
I beg to differ... I'd expect that if the mug comes free with the dining plan and the non-dining plan stay comes first, they're not likely to allow you to have a free refillable mug before the stay during which you're entitled.
Is that what the original question is referring to?

I beg to differ... I'd expect that if the mug comes free with the dining plan and the non-dining plan stay comes first, they're not likely to allow you to have a free refillable mug before the stay during which you're entitled.
Is that what the original question is referring to?
I re read the initial inqury and it didn't say anything about the dining plan, it just said package, and DVC. I think, and again, just my thought, is that the person has two reservations, one through DVC and one package through Disney and they wanted to know if it is good for the whole stay, and the answer is yes, as long as it doesn't exceed 14 days. Now if they did have the dining plan and it was on the second half of the reservation, then they would not be able to get the mug until the dining plan is activated.

I re read the initial inqury and it didn't say anything about the dining plan, it just said package, and DVC. I think, and again, just my thought, is that the person has two reservations, one through DVC and one package through Disney and they wanted to know if it is good for the whole stay, and the answer is yes, as long as it doesn't exceed 14 days. Now if they did have the dining plan and it was on the second half of the reservation, then they would not be able to get the mug until the dining plan is activated.
It did in a subsequent post
"...sorry,i wasn't very clear!..I have a 10 day resort stay with dining plan but have extended my stay by 3 days prior (room only)!.Im trying to figure out what would be best for us (party of 3}.to buy mugs for 3 days(54 dollars) or bring our own tea for the three days and use the hot water!."

It did in a subsequent post
"...sorry,i wasn't very clear!..I have a 10 day resort stay with dining plan but have extended my stay by 3 days prior (room only)!.Im trying to figure out what would be best for us (party of 3}.to buy mugs for 3 days(54 dollars) or bring our own tea for the three days and use the hot water!."
Sorry I did not see this one.

I have admittedly not read every page of this thread, but I am very interested in doing this when we go in February for probably both my husband and I.

A question I have is- how can I wash this thing between uses? What do you folks do?

I have admittedly not read every page of this thread, but I am very interested in doing this when we go in February for probably both my husband and I.

A question I have is- how can I wash this thing between uses? What do you folks do?

We bring paper towels with dish detergent squeezed into them. The soap dries and get reactivates with water. Quick disposalable way to wash the mugs in the room.

Last edited:
We bring paper towels with dish detergent squeezed into them. The soap dries and get reactivates with water. Quick disposal way to wash the mugs in the room.

Oh! Do you buy the paper towels pre-loaded with soap (that's a thing, right?) or is this something you've come up with yourself?

Honestly I just rinse it out after usage, and also they do have rinse areas in the commasary but I rinse off in the sink in the room.

Oh! Do you buy the paper towels pre-loaded with soap (that's a thing, right?) or is this something you've come up with yourself?

We make these with regular paper towels and squeeze the dish soap into them. Yes I think there are packaged towels like this, but our approach is "home made."

Each location where there is the soda machines there is a "mug wash" station -- basically a small sink with water that you can use to rinse the mug.

A couple pictures turned up by Google:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...666f670c48ee1b--disney--disney-cruiseplan.jpg

http://www.waltexpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Disney-Refillable-Mug-Wash-225x300.jpg

We always bring a small container of dish soap and use it to clean them properly in our room at least at the end of the day.

Also, our next trip we are going to try bringing Bounty with Dawn Paper Towels ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bounty-w...-Cleaning-Towels-White-2-Giant-Rolls/41737345 ). They are large, so we are cutting them into quarters, then putting them into a ziploc bag. Take out a quarter, use it for a mug at the mug wash, and discard. warning: the Dawn makes them stink like blue Dawn, so be prepared for that. The full roll is pretty potent ;-) But they are easy to carry since they are dry, and just need water to activate, so it is great for traveling. have already used them on some other trips and for special purposes around the house.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter