>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I'm sure she is talking about the point when Disney resorts reopen. 🤦‍♀️

To the original question, it's certainly possible. Starbucks and other coffee shops have done it, so I could see Disney following suit. Although I don't know what they would do with their dining plan people.

But there would be no point in them reopening until we're past this point. As the other poster pointed out, mugs are far from the biggest risk at Disney.

But there would be no point in them reopening until we're past this point. As the other poster pointed out, mugs are far from the biggest risk at Disney.

Obviously mugs are far from the biggest risk. My guess is it was just a though that came into @Canadian Girl mind and she just asked. Heck I’m sure most of us have wondered what kind of changes might be put into effect when the parks reopen and for how long. At this point everything is up in the air.

Now that some guidelines were suggested/released it stated no offering of self food services. Which I assume drinks too?
Maybe they will have an employee filling them?
( I know these are just suggested guidelines not official release)

Last edited:

Obviously mugs are far from the biggest risk. My guess is it was just a though that came into @Canadian Girl mind and she just asked. Heck I’m sure most of us have wondered what kind of changes might be put into effect when the parks reopen and for how long. At this point everything is up in the air.
Mugs are the biggest risk? There can be a sensor where you put the cup at the bottom so the person doesn’t hold cup to refill part. There is no spread there. people need to stop.

Mugs are the biggest risk? There can be a sensor where you put the cup at the bottom so the person doesn’t hold cup to refill part. There is no spread there. people need to stop.
I think perhaps they are referring to the touching of the screen to cycle through your choices.
Also, today’s release of discussion of guidelines suggested eliminating self serve food services.

I think perhaps they are referring to the touching of the screen to cycle through your choices.
Thanks, that makes sense. People who are worried about this- you can wash your hands or sanitize after you touch the screen and get your drink. Also, same applies when you use the restroom. After you wash your hands use a towel to open the door to leave. When your done pushing buttons and using an elevator- sanitize. When you use any public transport- sanitize. Same thing you should be doing all the time. Even before virus. I am a teacher and I touch 125 papers a day. When I grade I do not touch my face or mouth. When I am done- wait for it- I wash my hands with soap and water! This sarcasm was not meant in response to the person who clarified for me. It was for all the posters who are worried about germs.

Thanks, that makes sense. People who are worried about this- you can wash your hands or sanitize after you touch the screen and get your drink. Also, same applies when you use the restroom. After you wash your hands use a towel to open the door to leave. When your done pushing buttons and using an elevator- sanitize. When you use any public transport- sanitize. Same thing you should be doing all the time. Even before virus. I am a teacher and I touch 125 papers a day. When I grade I dont touch my face or mouth. When I am done- wait for it- I was my hands with soap and water!
This was not sarcasm for the person whom originally clarified for me. But for the posters who are worried about all the germs.

They could eliminate refillable mugs for a while.
I work at a large company in which the vast majority are working from home now. For those who can’t work from home (less than 10%) one of the things they implemented right away was bringing back disposable cups to the cafe and the individual water areas within the buildings. No reusable mugs are allowed. It’s a similar story with grocery stores around here no longer allowing reusable shopping bags. I could easily see Disney doing away with refillable mugs temporarily.

Thanks, that makes sense. People who are worried about this- you can wash your hands or sanitize after you touch the screen and get your drink. Also, same applies when you use the restroom. After you wash your hands use a towel to open the door to leave. When your done pushing buttons and using an elevator- sanitize. When you use any public transport- sanitize. Same thing you should be doing all the time. Even before virus. I am a teacher and I touch 125 papers a day. When I grade I do not touch my face or mouth. When I am done- wait for it- I wash my hands with soap and water! This sarcasm was not meant in response to the person who clarified for me. It was for all the posters who are worried about germs.

Um, I’d suggest you re-read the previous posts/conversation that was going on before my post (which you quoted) because you obviously misread/misunderstood it! I was not referring to mugs, or refilling stations, as a big risk, and actually said in a previous post I didn’t think they would ban refillable mugs/stations. I was responding too and quoting part of what the poster I quoted said “mugs are far from the biggest risk” Basically I was “defending” a previous poster who just wondered if they might ban refillable mugs for awhile. Also, based on some of the guideline info that came out today, it turned out to be a valid question.

I read on another site that they still have the mugs and a cast member will give you your refill in a disposable cup, which you can then pour into your mug. Hope that's true.

I read on another site that they still have the mugs and a cast member will give you your refill in a disposable cup, which you can then pour into your mug. Hope that's true.
Yes, that's what they're doing. We bought mugs at Fort Wilderness last week. The CM first said they weren't doing them because the self serve soda machines were turned off. When I asked about just getting refills in a paper cup, he had to go ask his manager who agreed that would work. 😀

Yes, that's what they're doing. We bought mugs at Fort Wilderness last week. The CM first said they weren't doing them because the self serve soda machines were turned off. When I asked about just getting refills in a paper cup, he had to go ask his manager who agreed that would work. 😀
How are they verifying that the mugs have active chips? I don’t want to have to carry around my receipt.

Can anyone confirm what options they have for the refillable mugs? I've seen pictures of a coffee carafe and fountain soda machines, but what about the Gold Peak tea they usually have?

Can anyone confirm what options they have for the refillable mugs? I've seen pictures of a coffee carafe and fountain soda machines, but what about the Gold Peak tea they usually have?
Stayed at CCV 2 weeks ago and they had Gold Peak available for mug refills. I had sweet and unsweet. I didnt check if the green tea or other option was available. I didn't get refills any where else so I can't speak to other locations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!