Refillable mug on the dining plan

mikekopp

Earning My Ears
Hello, I had a question concerning the refillable mug on the dining plan. I have 3 DVC reservations for two different resorts totaling 11 days coming up this May. The first reservation is for one night, for which I would like to purchase the dining plan on that reservation only. Would my refillable mug work for only that portion of the dining plan (2 days) or would it work for 14 days, which is the standard time if purchasing
(then activating) the mug outright? Thanks in advance.

Hello, I had a question concerning the refillable mug on the dining plan. I have 3 DVC reservations for two different resorts totaling 11 days coming up this May. The first reservation is for one night, for which I would like to purchase the dining plan on that reservation only. Would my refillable mug work for only that portion of the dining plan (2 days) or would it work for 14 days, which is the standard time if purchasing
(then activating) the mug outright? Thanks in advance.
You might want to consider buying the deluxe dining plan for that one night. It is an exceptional value for a one night reservation bc you get 3 table service meals, including appetizers, and it is good until midnight of your check out day.

You might want to consider buying the deluxe dining plan for that one night. It is an exceptional value for a one night reservation bc you get 3 table service meals, including appetizers, and it is good until midnight of your check out day.
This is my favorite way to use the DlxDP! Booked a one night plan in Jan and used the credits for Storybook Dining arrival day and California Grill the second night. So easy to get your value out of the one day Dlx!!

I've been going to WDW on a consistent basis since 2002 and have never even thought about the use of a Deluxe plan, because of all the food. But having a one day reservation and booking the Deluxe plan for that one day is a great idea. Thanks guys!!

To Katie: I actually called two customer service personal at WDW and they both said "no" to the refillable mug being good after my dining plan is up. The last guy sent me a link from a page on Disney's dining plan site and this is what it states.... "You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted. All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your refillable mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date."

With that being said I think I will get 2 dining plans ( Deluxe and Basic) and have 2 mugs for each one of us in my family.

We have a split stay, Vero and OKW in August. In the past, we have done the split reverse and have used the refillable mugs from the DDP at Vero, we showed them the receipt and they activated them. I like having the refillable mugs at Vero, come in handy at the beach and pool, usually very hot. Does anyone know if since it can be shown on our reservation that we have already paid for the DDP, that when we arrive at Vero we can be given our refillable mugs????:scratchin:confused: Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

I’m doing the same thing and have DxDP on the first few nights of our stay. I wonder if you can reactivate it for the latter stay and how much for.... sorry for hijacking OP!

I’m doing the same thing and have DxDP on the first few nights of our stay. I wonder if you can reactivate it for the latter stay and how much for.... sorry for hijacking OP!
I thought that the mugs were good for 14 continuous days?

I thought that the mugs were good for 14 continuous days?
OP mentioned on top it’s only valid for DDP duration? :)

I've been going to WDW on a consistent basis since 2002 and have never even thought about the use of a Deluxe plan, because of all the food. But having a one day reservation and booking the Deluxe plan for that one day is a great idea. Thanks guys!!

To Katie: I actually called two customer service personal at WDW and they both said "no" to the refillable mug being good after my dining plan is up. The last guy sent me a link from a page on Disney's dining plan site and this is what it states.... "You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted. All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your refillable mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date."

With that being said I think I will get 2 dining plans ( Deluxe and Basic) and have 2 mugs for each one of us in my family.

Has this changed also? Two years ago we were at WDW with the dining plan for 5 days, we then went to Vero. I gave them the receipt from the mug from the DDP and they validated for our Vero Beach Stay?

If you purchase the mug without the dining plan, then is it good for 14 days? But if it is included as part of a dining plan then it is only good for the portion of your stay associated with the dining plan? Is that the difference between what people are being told?

Whenever we have gone and purchased the dining plan and gotten a mug, it has always been good for 14 nights. The only reason I know this is when you use it and the sensor is on, the machine tells you when it is good until. Ours has never actually correlated with our check out date. It's just 14 nights later.

Whenever we have gone and purchased the dining plan and gotten a mug, it has always been good for 14 nights. The only reason I know this is when you use it and the sensor is on, the machine tells you when it is good until. Ours has never actually correlated with our check out date. It's just 14 nights later.
My understanding was that whether it was included with the DDP(you are actually paying for it as part of your dining plan per day) OR paying for it outright, it was good for14 days. Has this policy changed?:confused3Thank you!

You won’t have to re-activate. It will work for your entire stay.

We are here now and currently on part two of a three resort split stay. Our first mugs still work. The machines show the date they are active through (14 days from when we picked them up).

My understanding was that whether it was included with the DDP(you are actually paying for it as part of your dining plan per day) OR paying for it outright, it was good for14 days. Has this policy changed?:confused3Thank you!

Nope, hasn’t changed. They work for 14 days.

Tzolkin, thanks for the update!!! I was hoping that when I first wrote the question on this forum that someone had just gotten back from Disney, or they are currently there, having the same dilemma. I do realize that some people on here did tell me that the mugs are always good for 14 days, (thank you to all) but I guess I wanted confirmation from someone that was/is there this year. With so many people telling me both ways are correct, before I proposed my question on here, I figured that maybe the policy had been recently changed. Because the wording states on the Disney website, "that the mug is only good for the length of the dining plan", I now imagine that either the webmaster misinterpreted the policy when he coded that sentence, both Disney customer service reps that I talked too are inexperienced, or Disney will let you continue to use the mug (as a courtesy) even though they would much rather have their customers purchase an additional mug. I'm not sure if Disney has a lot of turnover in their customer service department, but it sure seems like in the past 5 years or so, I've been getting bogus answers.

Thanks to all that have responded! I came in here expecting to get two quick-serve dining plans for my 3 reservations but have decided to get just the one plan, and that will be the Deluxe. For my family, the quick-serve only makes sense if we are going to have alcoholic drinks, or have access to a refillable mug, or both. We did the alcohol thing last year (With the quick-serve plan), and it was okay, but would much rather have coffee, ice tea, or an occasional soft drink. Now that I will have a refillable mug throughout my stay, I really didn't need the second dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter