Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

Wonder how many more DVC resorts will be built at WDW from now until 2042?

I realize they will lose (at once) Beach Club, Boardwalk, BRV, OKW (maybe-kinda-sorta) and I guess SSR will not be too far behind at that point, followed by all the rest, but it seems they could easily have 10 new resorts by then.

I realize they will lose (at once) Beach Club, Boardwalk, BRV, OKW (maybe-kinda-sorta) and I guess SSR will not be too far behind at that point, followed by all the rest, but it seems they could easily have 10 new resorts by then.

Not sure they are really losing them. They may sit vacant for a bit, or be used for cash customers, while they do a full remodel/refurbishment and sell them again, unless there is a reason to demolish and start over from scratch.

Also, nothing about the concept art we've seen so far comes remotely close to a "lodge" aesthetic.

Since Disney has released exactly one piece of concept art, might be a little premature to draw any conclusions. Call me crazy if you wish.

All depends on the size, of course. 3 years per resort is a good rule of thumb. Reflections should carry them thru at least 2025. That leaves 16-17 years to fill, depending on how quickly they begin to re-sell Beach Club, BoardWalk, etc. I'd say about 5 more locations over that timespan. They don't have to be all new destinations. There have been a number of proposals for new construction or hotel room conversion at existing WDW / DVC locations.

I guess Im in the minority. I like Reflections. As soon as I read it, it reminded me of Reflections at Epcot that will be phased out by the summer and it made me smile.

The name "Reflections" doesn't tell me anything about what the resort is. I almost wish they would have left out the Reflections part and JUSt gone with Disney's Lakeside Lodge resort (which is bland but at least says what it is).

I still hold out hope they come to their sense and call it Disney's River Country Resort.

Sadly, I think they are doing their best to disassociate themselves from River Country and just let it go in peace.

Add me to the list of those not crazy about the name. Reflections? Really? It's awful.

It seems like they're announcing it really fast. They haven't even started selling Riveria yet, have they? I have to admit I've been away from the boards for a while because I'm not planning a trip, so I may be behind on the news.

Disney always announces things at the D23 convention including information about new DVC resorts. As to why they announce the DVC resorts at that convention before they have told their members is beyond me.

Disney always announces things at the D23 convention including information about new DVC resorts. As to why they announce the DVC resorts at that convention before they have told their members is beyond me.
At least this is a 1/2 cash resort.
I guess they figure that D23 is a better audience for buying (new expensive) DVC points

With the latest breaking news (not officially confirmed yet, of course) about resale contracts after Jan 19, will that hurt the sale of this new resort? After all, if you buy direct and then a couple of years attempt to sell it, any resale buyer will only be allowed to book into that resort with the points. Were I in the market for a new property, even if I was certain I'd never sell it, I wouldn't take the plunge since that contract would have the albatross of an imposed exclusivity (and I mean that pejoratively). Perhaps there's an unintended meaning behind "Reflections." pirate:

With the latest breaking news (not officially confirmed yet, of course) about resale contracts after Jan 19, will that hurt the sale of this new resort? After all, if you buy direct and then a couple of years attempt to sell it, any resale buyer will only be allowed to book into that resort with the points. Were I in the market for a new property, even if I was certain I'd never sell it, I wouldn't take the plunge since that contract would have the albatross of an imposed exclusivity (and I mean that pejoratively). Perhaps there's an unintended meaning behind "Reflections." pirate:
No I would not buy at the new resorts (Riviera and forward). Part of the great thing with original DVC is that the ability to resell at near buyin price. I know nothing's guaranteed but for the last 12 years that's how been.

I believe you, but when I go to the site, I don't see it. Is it buried in some drop down menu or something?

It's in your messages - the little alert at the top of the page. (that's when you're signed in on your Dashboard - so really top of your Dashboard, not page)

Last edited:
I am interested in Reflections resort but am hoping for a low direct point buy in minimum. I might buy 75 points to only use combined once every 3 years. I would lose big if I ever resold but that’s why I wouldnt invest too much with my Reflections contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter