Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

According to reliable insiders at WDW Magic, the existing Pioneer Hall and Trail's End building will be demolished and replaced with a new one. I'm sure they will expand the number of tables, etc. Hopefully they can recreate a rustic vibe for the new building and it won't be too modern, but their recent direction with theming doesn't inspire confidence.

Agreed - I don't hold out much hope for it. If they are supplying the appropriate dining options within the rehab center then it shouldn't be necessary to change a thing at Pioneer Hall or Trail's End.

HDDR is so popular that I hope they’ll recreate the Pioneer Hall vibe but expand it somewhat and include elevators to improve access by wheelchair/ECV bound patrons.

Plus there's two islands you can build bridges to..fill those up with more DVC units. :duck:100 years from now WDW=all parks, resorts, private neighborhoods and parking lots

Disney HAS set aside about 1/3rd of the Disney World property they own as a permanent Nature Preserve. But that doesn't mean that there will be large, large areas without a building in sight.

Aren't they talking about Reflections?
They are talking about reflections so I posted in this thread for the DVC people who don’t follow the rumor forum. I just wanted to point out this is a rumor even though stated as a fact (the mod posting usually references sources, who claim to have insider knowledge, but not for this one). No other source is reporting it as such yet either.

Wow- there is some TERRIBLE new concept art with renderings of the lobby. How is this "nature-inspired"?? Incredibly generic and the Pochantas statue is tacky IMO. Remove that, and tell me how this looks remotely Disney.

2e68u3r.jpg

24c5dz9.jpg

Wow- there is some TERRIBLE new concept art with renderings of the lobby. How is this "nature-inspired"?? Incredibly generic and the Pochantas statue is tacky IMO. Remove that, and tell me how this looks remotely Disney.

2e68u3r.jpg

24c5dz9.jpg
I realize concept art is just that, and that there are many changes likely to be made. That being said, that is some uninspired and, yes, tacky renderings. I don't recall the posting guidelines about other sites, so for those of you just tuning in, simply google "new concept art at reflections lodge." You can't miss it. . .you might wish you had. I'm sitting here realizing that places like WL or AKL probably wouldn't get built by today's Disney.

2e68u3r.jpg

24c5dz9.jpg

Wow, way too many obstructions for us to get around with our walkers. Don't they know that elderly people in nursing sorry, retirement homes trip over things easily?

I kind of like it. The swirly things are inspired by the song in pocahontas "Colors of the Wind." Wind is certainly natural, and generally the finished product is much nicer than the concept art, that applies to most concept art, Disney or not.

I'm sure it's not final concept art but still. When I see the Wilderness Lodge lobby I think nature... this could literally be an airport terminal or something. Hardly brings the word "lodge" to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts