Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new artwork on the interior lobby with Pocahontas. The flowing artwork from her adds to an otherwise somewhat sterile design.

They aren't covering up the view of the lake with drywall and are using a massive set of windows.

Am I the only one not a fan of the concept pictures?

That is if those pictures are actually real. Nothing confirmed yet by Disney

I totally agree with the FLW and prairie style references, especially to Fallingwater. As a child who grew up along the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains, the new interior concept art really gives me the feeling I had looking over steep mountain roadsides and mountain lakes. I was always amazed that cottony clouds were just mist when close. I could see the resort totally fitting at Blowing Rock, NC and areas similar. The architecture and design seems almost ethereal, and I now find Reflections very appropriate even though I initially agreed with many that It weirdly referred to rehab or an over 55 development. I can not wait to visit.

Is Discovery island used in any capacity currently?
As they build up this area, that would be a pretty cool spot for a dining and activity center. Maybe bring back some limited wildlife.

Is Discovery island used in any capacity currently?
No. At least not for any public activity. I'm just guessing that occasionally some Disney wildlife experts visit there but I don't believe there is anything else going on.

Just what WDW needed, more DVC with the ability to buy up the Fast Passes at 90 days out.

I think that's Club Level not DVC...

Inside the magic just reported yesterday they are now opening it up to anyone to anyone staying in a Grand Villa at any of the DVC resorts.

"Now, anybody staying at any of the Grand Villas on-property–even those DVC members booking with points–have an opportunity to purchase this new perk."

Heres the link if interested firefly.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/...ail&utm_term=0_a98380eccc-a7c2582263-94889423

Nobody blinked when it was juuuuust club level at three resorts. Now its Grand Villas at all the resorts. Want to bet that expands further?

Ahhh okay, thanks for that info, I was not aware of that! They'll get those bucks wherever they can, we know that deal already.... I guess they figure if people are willing to pay the incredible nightly fees on the Grand Villas the 90 day FP fees are a drop in the bucket.

I like the look of the place. Not a huge fan of the pod rooms; on one hand I appreciate the flexibility for 2 people (I travel with just 2), but I fear overall these small 2-person only rooms like the tower rooms at Riviera and the pods rooms will become the "new studio" and over time the points will inflate for them.

Anyone else notice the lock-off studio only has a murphy bed? While that may work for some guests, that doesn't really work for me, regardless of how comfortable those new Murphy beds may be. I don't need 2 couches in a studio, though some may. Hopefully there are choices for everyone.

Looks cool but with the continual build build build, the already packed parks will be unbearable.

Looks cool but with the continual build build build, the already packed parks will be unbearable.

Onsite guests are a fraction of the total people that visit the parks each day. 1/3rd? Maybe 40%? Disney builds more places for people to stay so they can get a bigger piece of the hotel/timeshare pie, not to increase attendance.

People don't come to WDW for the resorts. They come for the parks. WDW building more resorts doesn't increase the number of people in the parks. It only allows them to entice more of the current off-site guests.

People don't come to WDW for the resorts. They come for the parks. WDW building more resorts doesn't increase the number of people in the parks. It only allows them to entice more of the current off-site guests.

Do you really believe there is no net add to theme park guests with additional onsite hotels? There is a group that will only stay on site and with hotels selling out at certain times of the year I would bet there is a net add to park guests. Its not 1:1 but its probably a sizeable chunk.

Do you really believe there is no net add to theme park guests with additional onsite hotels? There is a group that will only stay on site and with hotels selling out at certain times of the year I would bet there is a net add to park guests. Its not 1:1 but its probably a sizeable chunk.

There's attendance growth, but that doesn't make onsite hotel growth the cause of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World#AttendanceAttendance is up ~23% 2018 over 2008, or about 10,000,000 park entrances.

There's 36,000 hotel rooms on WDW property including Good Neighbors, and apparently already adding Reflections,
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/number-roomsThere's been new additions over the last 10 years but certainly not 27,000ppl/night worth. That would be ~7,000 rooms. The biggest actual addition in that timeframe was AoA at ~1,900. Riviera only added 300 rooms.

Tbh if someone has actual stats on Disney-operated overnight guest growth, I'd be surprised if it's kept up proportional growth relative to growth in overall attendance.

There's attendance growth, but that doesn't make onsite hotel growth the cause of it.

I never said it caused all the growth. To say additional onsite hotel rooms have 0 to do with additional people attending WDW is just wrong from my view.

It's like saying Disney having extra MNSSHP/F&W options in August doesnt impact attendance either. It all adds up to the final tally of a bunch of extra people coming. Which one adds the most is up for discussion.

To be very clear the poster stated hotel growth adds net 0 additional visitors to WDW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter