Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 506308
According to the permit, this is specifically for reflections. It was filed Tuesday. Others have said the project is canceled and noted it has been reseeded with new grass seed.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well it is a natural gas upgrade. This being done doesn’t mean the project is still moving forward. They even could still be moving with this piece for any future project that may come about. I would think it’s better to have the upgrade than not too.

View attachment 506308
According to the permit, this is specifically for reflections. It was filed Tuesday. Others have said the project is canceled and noted it has been reseeded with new grass seed.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well, isn't this an interesting piece of information...

I'm still holding onto a shred of hope since Disney hasn't officially announced it's been canceled.

View attachment 506308

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I note that is says it's for an 'upgrade'. This could be a project that is carried out regardless of the status of Reflections because it's not a whole new line to a 'whole new place'. Maybe the line will benefit existing structures at FtW and the new TCD Ranch but perhaps have a 'capped' branch for future use?

I note that is says it's for an 'upgrade'. This could be a project that is carried out regardless of the status of Reflections because it's not a whole new line to a 'whole new place'. Maybe the line will benefit existing structures at FtW and the new TCD Ranch but perhaps have a 'capped' branch for future use?
I couldn't read the permit, but when someone said upgrade that was my thinking. They may be replacing existing pipe that is most likely 50 years old. The new pipe will handle the existing volume along with the additional volume needed for Reflections or whatever may be built on that land.

Even if they brought back Mickey's Backyard BBQ it would be a whole lot different. With Covid there is no longer going to be food placed in large containers for guests to scoop up. This virus will forever change a good many things, not just in Disney, but the country.

I couldn't read the permit, but when someone said upgrade that was my thinking. They may be replacing existing pipe that is most likely 50 years old. The new pipe will handle the existing volume along with the additional volume needed for Reflections or whatever may be built on that land.

The project is to replace a medium pressure gas line with a high pressure one. The permit is actually only for testing the current line, and not for the work to install the new line.

Perhaps this testing of the line is part of a different budget, then the new construction budget. Moving all resort connections to a high pressure system to allow the main to go high pressure. Benefit to the MK, perhaps, as beneficiary of the high pressure that was limited by the other feeder lines.

That is beautiful!!! However it does look more 'European village street' than 'US lakeside resort'.

I found these in my Google drive, they are from 2011. I remember downloading them a while ago but I don't remember where I got them. I believe they were some of the original plans to put a hotel on top of the old River Country site, but those plans were canceled. Looking at it now is really making me wonder because it sort of resembles Reflections in the style of the buildings but definitely not the same layout. It also included plans to slightly revamp the settlement area of Fort Wilderness.

They were originally PDF files but I'm not sure if I can upload those so these are screenshots. I hope everything is easily readable.Screenshot_20200722-100011_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200722-100026_Gallery.jpg

I found these in my Google drive, they are from 2011. I remember downloading them a while ago but I don't remember where I got them. I believe they were some of the original plans to put a hotel on top of the old River Country site, but those plans were canceled. Looking at it now is really making me wonder because it sort of resembles Reflections in the style of the buildings but definitely not the same layout. It also included plans to slightly revamp the settlement area of Fort Wilderness.

They were originally PDF files but I'm not sure if I can upload those so these are screenshots. I hope everything is easily readable.View attachment 512386View attachment 512387

Yikes!!! That really does encroach on the Settlement area, doesn't it! Glad it didn't get the green light!

Yikes!!! That really does encroach on the Settlement area, doesn't it! Glad it didn't get the green light!
It really does! But if you look at aerial images of Reflections (these are from March) you can see where the foundation for part of the building is (or was) supposed to go, DIRECTLY behind Pioneer Hall.Screenshot_20200723-165150_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!