Reflections

I haven't heard that one! I did have a DVC CM tell me, last November, that they almost closed the Fort after having to evacuate it twice for hurricanes. Not sure I believe what either of us were told!

I just spoke with a DVC cast member, he said the new Reflections resort will have RV spots. Has anyone else heard this?
I haven't heard that one! I did have a DVC CM tell me, last November, that they almost closed the Fort after having to evacuate it twice for hurricanes. Not sure I believe what either of us were told!

Hmmm, an extra large parking lot next door for RV evacuation/setup. That actually sounds like great planning.

I just spoke with a DVC cast member, he said the new Reflections resort will have RV spots. Has anyone else heard this?

"I won't consider the possibility until it's been confirmed by a bus driver." :rolleyes: :drive:(had to beat @bigdisneydaddy in saying that)

And even then I don't/won't believe it. They may have a designated parking area for oversized vehicles but not overpriced, super-wide, lake-front, pull through RV sites.

At least, not until photos of them show up here on the DIS. :cool1:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

To give more info - he asked us where we were staying, we said Fort Wilderness. He asked if we have an RV, I said yes. He said campers will love the new Reflections resort since it will have RV spots for camping. I asked if he was serious, DVC for campers? He said yes.

To give more info - he asked us where we were staying, we said Fort Wilderness. He asked if we have an RV, I said yes. He said campers will love the new Reflections resort since it will have RV spots for camping. I asked if he was serious, DVC for campers? He said yes.
Thinking more about this... The DVC CM wasn't the one in DHS on the corner, on the way to Toy Story Land, was it? The guy that told us about possibly closing the Fort also mentioned something about DVC and FW. I had never heard that you can use DVC points to rent campsites (not cabins). Not saying it's true/false as we know nothing much about DVC but he said you can use DVC points to rent campsites. Note that he did say that only after DH & I saying that we had zero interest in DVC unless the Campground had it, for campsites.

I looked at the plans again this afternoon that are on file with the SFWMD. No new RV sites. Were there to be any, they would have had to been included in the documentation for the permit and rv sites in the plans submitted don't exist.

DVC owners can currently trade points in to stay at Disney resorts (Contemporary, etc. in addition to Fort Wilderness campsites). However, the number of camp sites available for such a swap are extremely limited (or non-existant) at any given time. Just because a site is available in the system doesn't mean it can be "paid for" with DVC points. It's like discounts on campsites - the number of sites eligible for DVC points is REALLY limited and when they're gone, they're gone.

Honestly I've heard 10X more complaints about not being able to get a campsite with DVC points than I've heard success stories of people getting one.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

The plans did not show any campsites and I can’t imagine an upper scale DVC resort sharing space with RV sites. I know some very reliable sources at the Fort and they said no sites at Reflections. I will be happy if Reflections doesn’t take any more of the Forts property.

He said campers will love the new Reflections resort since it will have RV spots for camping. I asked if he was serious, DVC for campers? He said yes.

Ask him to put it in writing as an addendum to the closing of your DVC contract and is he willing to attend closing and sign the addendum......

Stupid sales people 😠

Thinking more about this... The DVC CM wasn't the one in DHS on the corner, on the way to Toy Story Land, was it? The guy that told us about possibly closing the Fort also mentioned something about DVC and FW. I had never heard that you can use DVC points to rent campsites (not cabins). Not saying it's true/false as we know nothing much about DVC but he said you can use DVC points to rent campsites. Note that he did say that only after DH & I saying that we had zero interest in DVC unless the Campground had it, for campsites.
This guy was at DHS, but was near Tattoine Traders. He didn’t mention anything about closures.

Hmmm, an extra large parking lot next door for RV evacuation/setup. That actually sounds like great planning.

To clarify, I don’t buy Reflections having camping sites, no way. But perhaps the lot will be large enough to accommodate FW guests during evacuations, instead of sending everyone to Mk or pop.

To clarify, I don’t buy Reflections having camping sites, no way. But perhaps the lot will be large enough to accommodate FW guests during evacuations, instead of sending everyone to Mk or pop.

The parking lots are plenty big but given there are hundreds of Fort campsites, they could get crowded pretty fast.

In the C-205 grid you can see the blank white Capital-U shape (with open end up) that is the main building with more buildings extending down into the bottom of C-204 and top of C-207.

You can see the parking lots in C-207 to C-210. The new horse barn/TCD straddles the line between C-209 and C-212. There are also two clusters of cabins/bungalows - the first on the left side of C-207 (with a little spill-over into the grid above and below). And the second straddles C-202 and C-203.

But there is an interesting feature of those bungalows up on the FW beach.

Take a look at the spacing between the bunglows at the water's edge and the spacing of those in the back row (nearest Trails End).

The bungalows in the "back" row are .... in between .... the ones in the "front" row. From a marketing standpoint, the front row is "Lake Front" and the back row might be "Lake View" or similar terminology. They staggered the spacing to maximize the marketing IMO.

Also the back row are in a Y-style. Are those duplexes or two smaller reservable units per building? Are the front row (the big ones) which are not Y-style family size units or more bedrooms/bigger spaces? (the 97-99 type numbers are elevation numbers).

Bottom line - no RV sites. Maybe we can crash their lazy river though? :rolleyes1 Who's with me?

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

Last edited:
The parking lots are plenty big but given there are hundreds of Fort campsites, they could get crowded pretty fast.

View attachment 463549

In the C-205 grid you can see the blank white Capital-U shape (with open end up) that is the main building with more buildings extending down into the bottom of C-204 and top of C-207.

You can see the parking lots in C-207 to C-210. The new horse barn/TCD straddles the line between C-209 and C-212. There are also two clusters of cabins/bungalows - the first on the left side of C-207 (with a little spill-over into the grid above and below). And the second straddles C-202 and C-203.

Take a look at the spacing between the bunglows at the water's edge and the spacing of those in the back row (nearest Trails End).

View attachment 463554

The bungalows in the "back" row are .... in between .... the ones in the "front" row. From a marketing standpoint, the front row is "Lake Front" and the back row might be "Lake View" or similar terminology. They staggered the spacing to maximize the marketing IMO.

Also the back row are in a Y-style. Are those duplexes or two smaller reservable units per building? Are the front row (the big ones) which are not Y-style family size units or more bedrooms/bigger spaces? (the 97-99 type numbers are elevation numbers).

Bottom line - no RV sites. Maybe we can crash their lazy river though? :rolleyes1 Who's with me?

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

I'm in!
C2OeBZO.gif

Bama Ed

I'm with you! But, I thought I read before (here, maybe?) that FW is supposed to share the "water features" with Reflections? Then we wouldn't have to crash it, we'd be welcomed guests. :)

I almost wonder if they will merge Reflections & FW into one resort?

I almost wonder if they will merge Reflections & FW into one resort?

I sincerely doubt it. Knowing the route they have been going with DVC (higher point costs, restrictions creating distinctions between legacy resorts and new resorts, etc...), I simply don't see them co-mingling the resorts. The Fort has a very different feel than they will try to create for a DVC resort. Just as Fort guests are not permitted to use amenities at Wilderness Lodge, I have every expectation that Reflections will operate the same way. Reflections guests will come over to the campfire, Hoop Dee Doo, etc... but, aside from resort hoping and dining, I would expect the amenities of Reflections to be off-limits to Fort guests.

I'm with you! But, I thought I read before (here, maybe?) that FW is supposed to share the "water features" with Reflections? Then we wouldn't have to crash it, we'd be welcomed guests. :)

I read that somewhere on the DIS (Rumor board? Camping Board? Resort Board? DVC Board?) but I don't believe that either.

But hey, maybe all the locals that sneak over to the Fort on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day holiday weekends will go right on past the Meadow Pool and settle in at the Reflections main pool. I'm SURE it will be much nicer.....

Bama Ed

So, I stopped and asked at the DVC booth at WL. They were not aware of any plans to add RV camping sites to Reflections and will try to locate the guy who told me there would be.

People!

Have we not learned this lesson in the past?

Have we not made this same mistake before?

Did our forefathers not warn us of this?

Was it not scribed on the walls of the great pyramids?

Etched in the walls of the Inca temples?

If it wasn't reported by a bus driver, then it holds no truth!

(Ha! Beat you to it @bigdisneydaddy !)

View attachment 463549

View attachment 463554

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

...so DH and I were finally able to sit down and look over plans (thanks for posting :goodvibes )...

Our first impression is that the staggered Y-style bungalows could be 2 separate units/entrances. However, the description states “proposed building unit (singular) TVP.” So it could go either way. I do wonder how tall they will be.

On the line description pointing to the lake front bungalows, what does that say? And is that the Reflections marina in C-204?

Also, last month I noticed them installing the new playground right smack in the middle of town center (where the Christmas tree goes). Nothing against kids, but hoping it’s temporary. bah humbug :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter