REFUND CHECKS - USD or CAD ???

I was vague in my response. My tickets were purchased with a US MasterCard. A cheque was mailed to me by MC for the credit balance, I was was not issued a cheque directly for my refund.
Sorry for any confusion.

Well another day, another gift card received. I still have no idea what they are doing,
3 options:
1) They are refunding more than I expected for the annual passes
2) They aren't given me enough for the annual passes and the cancelled reservations total
3) There are a still a number of gift cards to come that maybe will have it make sense.

"just keep waiting, just keep waiting......"

That is so dang peculiar ...

Is anyone still waiting. I made sure their was room on the credit card I bought mine with and cancelles the day I received the email. I received the confirmation of cancellation email and the pass is no longer in MDE but there is no sign of my refund.

No sign of refund here in Ontario...my generic email confirmation of my cancellation selection is dated July 19. The partial refund was credited to my AMEX, but because I upgraded WDW tickets I got through Air Miles, I am guessing the balance will be by cheque. I have heard that if the payment is being made by cheque, it may be until the middle of October. I wish I had something more concrete than a generic email that confirmed my cancellation as my APs have disappeared from MDE and to date I have no refund.

No sign of refund here in Ontario...my generic email confirmation of my cancellation selection is dated July 19. The partial refund was credited to my AMEX, but because I upgraded WDW tickets I got through Air Miles, I am guessing the balance will be by cheque. I have heard that if the payment is being made by cheque, it may be until the middle of October. I wish I had something more concrete than a generic email that confirmed my cancellation as my APs have disappeared from MDE and to date I have no refund.
I haven't received any refund partial or otherwise and I should have received a refund to my credit card. A friend of mine is in the same boat.

I just have no idea what they are doing and those are the only ways I could make sense of what they have done. They have sent me 8 gift cards so far with none of the amounts matching any of the refunds I am waiting for.

Let me correct myself. Apparently someone at Disney has messed up huge and instead of issuing gift cards for the refund of our reservations, nice and easy, they have now taken gift cards I had in my physical possession, re issued them all over as e-gift cards in their system some to me, but most ??????. I am now missing about $8,000 US$ and they don't know where it is and apparently the only person can even track where the gift cards were reissued is someone in the back office who will probably see the email in a couple of weeks. If I didn't remember from the earlier covid cancellations that I will never pay for Disney tickets/vacations with Gift Cards again, this sure did the trick. The extra few percent gained is not worth even the chance of this kind of crap.

Last edited:

No refunds here yet (Ontario). Expecting a check since the credit card we used to pay TicketsAtWork for our APs no longer exists.

Oddly, my AP and my husband’s AP have disappeared from MDE. My 4 year old’s AP is still on there with the extended date. I really don’t want to call them but may have to soon.

No refunds here yet (Ontario). Expecting a check since the credit card we used to pay TicketsAtWork for our APs no longer exists.

Oddly, my AP and my husband’s AP have disappeared from MDE. My 4 year old’s AP is still on there with the extended date. I really don’t want to call them but may have to soon.

FYI I have a guest services member contact who looks after me and she said that the refunds are still coming. She recently received a message saying that many that haven't received refunds yet, haven't received them because they are getting chq's which won't be sent out till October. Out of our 7 annual passes we also have one of our children's passes that show up on MDE while all the rest are deleted. FYI we could not book passholder pricing for rooms even though my daughter's pass shows up, so its seems just to be an accounting thing.

FYI I have a guest services member contact who looks after me and she said that the refunds are still coming. She recently received a message saying that many that haven't received refunds yet, haven't received them because they are getting chq's which won't be sent out till October. Out of our 7 annual passes we also have one of our children's passes that show up on MDE while all the rest are deleted. FYI we could not book passholder pricing for rooms even though my daughter's pass shows up, so its seems just to be an accounting thing.
Thanks for that information, gskywalker. I'm still waiting here in BC.

UPDATE: Received refund of the balance of our Out of State Platinum Annual Passes. Credit was posted to my credit card dated September 29, 2020. Since we upgraded our WDW tickets obtained through Air Miles, I assumed that I would receive a cheque in the mail for the balance of the refund so I was pleased to receive a credit on my AMEX. Our AP's had an original expiration date of 2020-11-27. I had requested the refund for the closure period on June 7, 2020 and for each AP, we received a refund of $383.13 US on July 16, 2020. I checked my AMEX online this morning and WDW posted the credit for the balance of our annual passes on September 29, 2020 and we received an additional $451.37 US refund for each of our annual passes. I did not receive a calculation of the refund amount but the amount comes close to the amount I calculated using the formula Disney previously provided. In summary, Paid In Full, Out of State Platinum AP (not a renewal) with an expiration date of 2020-11-27, total refund received (closure period + balance) was $834.55 US.

Refund posted to our CC this morning - we had used our USD CC to upgrade our hoppers to APs so all funds returned in USD.

So we requested a partial refund in early May I believe and received $230.43 refunded on our CC per pass in late July.
Called not long after when they announced you could fully cancel and received $352.43 refunded on our CC per pass.

In all I think we received the total amount back, and probably made some money.
We bought UCT hoppers used over NYE and upgraded after blackout (we paid the new higher price to upgrade unfortunately). So I think we essentially recouped the entire AP price and used them 7 days over NYE. Glad that's over though as I've probably spent $50 in international phone charges :sad2:

Last edited:
Update: Received my refund over night, funds returned to the CC I had used.

Just read Mickey&JoshNut's and Madame's posts, and now I'm curious. I had one PIF, Out of State Platinum AP (no water parks), which was a renewal. I renewed it last October, and never used any days. I requested the refund in July. And I'm curious about the refund I got: $680 USD/ $880 CAD. Now, I'm not complaining, as I know that many people got far less. But I am curious...Mickey&JoshNuts and Madame both posted that it looked they got at least a full refund. I don't think that I did. I'm fairly certain that the AP renewal was more than $680 USD. Can anyone confirm or just comment? Did I get a fair refund?

Just read Mickey&JoshNut's and Madame's posts, and now I'm curious. I had one PIF, Out of State Platinum AP (no water parks), which was a renewal. I renewed it last October, and never used any days. I requested the refund in July. And I'm curious about the refund I got: $680 USD/ $880 CAD. Now, I'm not complaining, as I know that many people got far less. But I am curious...Mickey&JoshNuts and Madame both posted that it looked they got at least a full refund. I don't think that I did. I'm fairly certain that the AP renewal was more than $680 USD. Can anyone confirm or just comment? Did I get a fair refund?
not sure about exact numbers but your AP was valid & useable from Oct 2019-Mar 2020, so 1/2 a yrish. Does it seem like you got 1/2 of the renewal price back?

That looks about right. You got a 55%ish back, no? My pass was valid and useable 2.5 months before shutdown, so I probably got a bit more back than required, maybe $75? per pass.

My refund was posted yesterday to my US credit card. I got back $795 and I bought my annual pass the second week of November. I’m thrilled I thought it was going to be far less. I got 3 weeks out of it when I had it. Just going to leave it there to hopefully re-purchase another annual for my next planned trip in November 2021 🤞🏻

We didn't get a full refund. Our full price APs ($1,191.74 each) were purchased on 2019-11-25, activated on 2019-11-27 and expired on 2020-11-27. Our AP was valid for 109 days (no blackout dates) prior to the closure. We received a total refund of $834.55 ($383.18 for the closure period and $457.37 for the balance of the AP) which represents a refund of the 257 days (again no blackout dates) that were remaining on our AP. (I had calculated $836.83 but the refund was close enough).

Although you did not use any days on your AP, it was still valid from your renewal date until the parks closed on March 16. Your refund would be from March 16 - expiration date of your AP.

Anyone receive a chq yet? I haven't received anything via credit card or gift cards so I would assume I should be expecting a chq.

Anyone receive a chq yet? I haven't received anything via credit card or gift cards so I would assume I should be expecting a chq.
No check for me yet either. We paid cash and were told we’d get a cheque. Soon I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter