Regal Eagle Smokehouse

There's no way it'll be good as it is in Texas, my expectations right now are that this stuff will be decent if you smother it in sauce, which is good enough for me as far as Disney food goes.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the "Memphis" stuff. I mean, it'll probably be great to anyone not from here or who has never had the pleasure of having the real stuff, but I doubt it'll do much for me.

That said, the menu pictures do look pretty decent.

Here in Texas its all about the brisket. The problem with Disney cooking it is that you can easily dry brisket out. BBQ places here will slow cook brisket overnight. I highly doubt Disney will be doing it this way.
I think it is safe to say the brisket won’t be Salt Lick quality.

I've ran a bbq blog/vlog since 2013 and have traveled the country eating bbq and have even been featured in Texas Monthly. Good bbq can be found anywhere even a theme park, if properly done. I learned a long time ago being a bbq snob will only make you miss out on some good bbq. I personally can't wait to try this place out and see Disney's spin. Right now my guilty pleasure in WDW is the Pulled Pork cheese fries at Flame Tree. I can freely admit that as one of my friends (who happens to own a top 10 bbq joint in Texas) stated it's his guilty pleasure too while in WDW. ha

Oh and as a Native Texan I love brisket, but I've had pulled pork so damn good I considered moving to The Carolinas for a minute or two.

Last edited:
Smoked sausage is the one I look forward to when visiting texas, doesn't seem as popular with the other types of bbq. Very much looking forward to trying the place on our upcoming trip.

I've ran a bbq blog/vlog since 2013 and have traveled the country eating bbq and have even been featured in Texas Monthly. Good bbq can be found anywhere even a theme park, if properly done. I learned a long time ago being a bbq snob will only make you miss out on some good bbq. I personally can't wait to try this place out and see Disney's spin. Right now my guilty pleasure in WDW is the Pulled Pork cheese fries at Flame Tree. I can freely admit that as one of my friends (who happens to own a top 10 bbq joint in Texas) stated it's his guilty pleasure too while in WDW too. ha

Oh and as a Native Texan I love brisket, but I've had pulled pork so damn good I considered moving to The Carolinas for a minute or two.

So true, just like wine. If you like it, you like it. I have a wine snob friend. He'd drink anything if you gave it a french name. As far as bbq, Im a vinegar guy. I prefer the mustard bases. Im from Alabama and do NOT like the white sauce here.

I saw photos from yesterday and Regal Eagle Smokehouse still has construction walls up.
I was hoping it would be open so we could try it out during our trip next week but that clearly isn't happening. :sad2:

I've ran a bbq blog/vlog since 2013 and have traveled the country eating bbq and have even been featured in Texas Monthly. Good bbq can be found anywhere even a theme park, if properly done. I learned a long time ago being a bbq snob will only make you miss out on some good bbq. I personally can't wait to try this place out and see Disney's spin. Right now my guilty pleasure in WDW is the Pulled Pork cheese fries at Flame Tree. I can freely admit that as one of my friends (who happens to own a top 10 bbq joint in Texas) stated it's his guilty pleasure too while in WDW. ha

What’s your channel/site? My family roots are in SC and I am always looking for bbq content!

I'm from IL so definitely not BBQ country. However, we love it, no matter what style.
Thoroughly looking forward to Regal Eagle. Wonderful addition to American Pavilion and much needed.

I was really hoping this place would be open when I go the first week of February. Especially since I’m not really interested in any of the offerings at any of the FOTA food booths.

There's no way it'll be good as it is in Texas, my expectations right now are that this stuff will be decent if you smother it in sauce, which is good enough for me as far as Disney food goes.
That’s basically what you can say about the brisket they serve at MK’s Diamond Horseshoe where leaner slices need sauce.

User name checks out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter