regarding SouthWest Procedures

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
My In-Laws are flying on Southwest in June and they were told that they were to pick up there tickets at the Southwest ticket counter and they would pay for the tickets at this time, I have never heard of not paying up front for an airline ticket. They have no confirmation or anything they are just walking up the the Southwest counter, I feel this is not correct, can someone please tell me how Southwest works, because if you pay the day you go than I have been flying on the wrong airlines.

I agree that it does sound unusual but we have flown SW many times but have booked on line with payment via credit card when the reservation is made. If you're not entirely sure why not give them a call at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA.

Well, if they are flying on a full fare ticket then you can pay the day you fly. If they have a discount ticket they should have paid when they booked. Are they booking far in advance or is this a last minute trip?

Carol:
They booked friends fly free promotion in April for mid June trip, could they be flying stand-by and not know it, and you only pay if you get on?

When I flew SW in 1998, I did not have a credit card to book online, so I called their 800 number and they held my tickets for 24 hours to allow me to run to the a/p and pick them up by paying with a check. However I *did* have my tix in hand when I flew two months later.

Leslie

I don't think they are on standby, but I am pretty sure that with the friends fly free you would have to pay in advance. I would have them call to verify the pricing.

Even if SW holds the tickets for 24hrs. they give you a confirmation code. I always fly Southwest because of their good deals and I always pay with my cc right away. I would say something in not quite right on this one. Hope it works out.

Anne

I just booked 2 weeks ago using the 'friends fly free' promo and I had to give credit card numbers and pay up front! We are not going til October though!
SW does not have asighned seating though and they purpously overbook so make sure they get there VERY early!
:D

pattyT: How early is very early? They say now they open 90 min prior to boarding - should we be there 2 h before or 2 1/2 h? We are flying with two young children - 1st time on SW so abit nervous.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter