• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regular, Shoulder, and Value Seasons?

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! :wave:
We're planning a short stay at DLP during our next European holidy, and we're planning to actually spend a night at DLP (we've only done day trips before). I'm trying to figure out about how much it will cost. I've seen tables with prices for the resorts, and they all refer to Regular, Shoulder, and Value Season. Does anyone know what dates correspond to each? Or, particularly, which one is early March in?
Thanks so much! ::MinnieMo

While I'm not sure whether this marries up with the Regular, Shoulder or Value seasons you've been quoted, there is a list on the web that shows the price structure in colours with green being the cheapest, then purple, then blue and finally pink being the dearest. You can find it at http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/g.../packages_and_options/when_are_you_coming.htm

Note that the dates refer to your ARRIVAL day, so if you arrive on a "pink" day, then your whole stay would be at that rate, even if the three days after were purple or blue. You'll see therefore, not to arrive on a Friday or a Saturday - a) because of cost, and b) because they are SOOOOOO busy!

However if you do arrive midweek, it looks like early March (i.e. not Easter) is actually cheaper than most of February. This is probably because most French schoolchildren have a two week holiday in Feb to my recollection and that pushes the prices up.

This is a useful grid.

does anyone know if there is similar for the summer months, as I could not find one ?

Regards
Reid :jester:

The new price grid will be published as soon as the Summer 2005 DLP brochures are in the travel agents. Don't know when this is though yet.

I know they have fixed the prices for next year (up until October) because you can now go on the website and book rooms up to that date, which you couldn't do about three weeks ago.

I'm not sure it's true what was said about arrival days... Our quote was a combination weekend and regular rates - we didn't have to pay the same rate for each night. Arrival night didn't matter - we paid for each night according to its own rate. Does this make sense?
We are staying at Disneyland hotel for 2 nights in Castle Club - Sunday and Monday nights. The rates for Thursday and Friday were - Thursday same as Monday, but Friday was more. So the fact that we would arrive on Thursday didn't make Friday any cheaper.
I have a feeling I'm not making this clear - ask me if it needs explanation!
:bitelip: :confused: :confused3

All I know is that the UK brochure states that the arrival day is the key fact in determining your rate for all subsequent days, and that is what that grid I linked to is based upon.

Whether it's different if you book via a travel agent or from outside Europe I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter