Remembering our loved ones with a Candle ceremony

safetymom

dis veteran
Would anyone want to take part in this if we started this here on the DIS. When my husband passed away the group that I belonged to did this at Christmas. We don't have to do it that day but pick a day and then have everyone light their candle at the same time all over the world.

We all prayed for each others loved ones that has passed and for us left behind.

If you want to participate we will need to pick a day and time to light the candle. Then everyone can start posting the names of those people we want to remember. It doesn't matter if you are dealing with health issues currently, or you are dealing with the death of a loved one.

We can all join together as part of a large concerned group of friends.

What do you think?

Great idea. I lost my first husband 13 years ago this coming April. We were married only one year, but not a day goes by without me thinking of him.

I think it is a great idea, I am in for the hope and prayers, we can use all the prayers we can get...

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I'm in!

Please include me. I lost my DD, Hilary (Hilside on the DIS) May 16th of this year. Any day and time will be okay with me.

Cdoobee, I am so sorry to hear that.. HUgs to you....please watch this thread as I am sure Safetymom will probably organize this..I hope she will as it is a great idea.

count me in too please
Lost my Dad 12yrs ago this past July

How about a wk night btwn 7-9pm EST? whats good for everyone else?

Yes, please count me in. Thank you, this is a great idea!!

We lost my grandfather a year ago December 3rd....his birthday is coming up he would have been 84 on November 24th.

This is a tough time of year for me - I miss him so, so much!

Thanks, Marsha and safetymom.

Yes, it's been very, very hard. Also, I've been sick and haven't worked for 5 months now.

I'm dreading Thanksgiving, and don't even want to think about Christmas! Plus, her birthday is 2 days after Christmas. :sad1:

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

And Marsha, I was just reading about your DH's troubles. I hope and pray he (and you and the girls) will be all right!

Hugs to you CDoobee, long time no see. Take care of yourself, I know the holidays are so hard. I am sorry you are not well, are the doctors taking care of you..

I am a pm away anytime.. Hugs again.

Count me in too. I lost my mother when I was 19 and my grandmother just a few years ago but I have always been searching for a way to honor them and this would mean so much to me to be a part of this. Thank you for coming up with this wonderful tribute.

Count me in, I lost my dad one month before my wedding in 1995, and my MIL the year after on the day I found out I was expecting our 1st DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter