Remembrance Day

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all ~ tomorrow is Remembrance Day. I have a vet story. My father in law was in WWII on a couple of frigates in the Atlantic. He never really talked about the war for the 20 years I have known him. A couple months ago, I asked if it was okay if we talked about it as he is 78 years old and I want my kids to know his war stories. He was thrilled to talk about it. He was ready. We sat in front on my computer and I asked about the frigates and their names. In 2 seconds we found them. He uses a beautiful picture of one of the boats as his wallpaper on his computer. It was an incredible night listening to his stories. I asked if it was okay if we started writing them down. We have the beginnings of a wonderful chapter in his life for my children. Of his 78 years, the war was one thread of the amazing tapestry of his life. I will remember tomorrow and always. S

My husband is currently serving...

We will be at our local cenotaph together tomororow at 11:00.

I will say a little thank your for your father in laws service Sandra, he won't hear it so please thank him on my behalf.

Please don't forget...

I am so proud of J., those also serving and all those who came before him...

Lest we forget..

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

~ John McCrae ~

poppie.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter