Remote Control??

pattyT

DIS Veteran
for the Nikon D50??

anyone have one?
where did you get it and do you like it!

My 1 1/2 year old model would have much beter pictures of the FRONT of her head if I had one I think! lol

I have the Nikon remote and it works well. You should be able to trigger the camera from behind in a small room. The signal will bounce off the walls. One complaint of the D70 and D50 is no cable release. I don't find that to be a problem. But the problem with the remote is the pick up sensor is on the front of the camera. People have come up with innovative ways to trigger the camera from behind like attaching a reflective piece (like a small mirror) on the front of the camera and aiming it toward the rear to be "seen" by the remote.

"One complaint of the D70 and D50 is no cable release."

Wow, that suprises me. I was about to recommend the cable release so they could stay behind the camera. Does the wireless have a option to operate the timer function on the camera?

ndelaware said:
"One complaint of the D70 and D50 is no cable release."

Wow, that suprises me. I was about to recommend the cable release so they could stay behind the camera. Does the wireless have a option to operate the timer function on the camera?

Yes, I believe it does. At least on my D70.

An IR repeater will work over the sensor and oddly enough you can use a television universal remote control to trigger the camera. If I remember right the codes are the same as a Sanyo TV. (I really need to get a life when I start messing with my camera gear to trigger pictures from my TV remote. My wife would tell me this is definitely a guy thing and that not everything can be solved by the television remote).

Jeff

for now most pictures will probably be fromin front of the camera -
trying to avoid these shots :teeth: :
DSC_0021.jpg

I got a generic one off ebay for about $7 and it works great. Even came with a carrying case, batteries and all. Here is the same one and same seller I got mine from if anyone is interested.

D50 Remote

Patty, we have a Nikon IR remote that we bought at the local camera store. It was about $18. It is great to have so everyone can be in the photo!

AZ JazzyJ said:
An IR repeater will work over the sensor and oddly enough you can use a television universal remote control to trigger the camera. ... My wife would tell me this is definitely a guy thing and that not everything can be solved by the television remote).
Jeff

Trina is sooo right ... now Beauregard wants to know more about your TV remote to trigger the camera. GUYS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter