Removing inventory from market [edit: or just a DCL cookie remembering a temporary change in party size]

emeryjl

Earning My Ears
For the first time since I started tracking prices in February, every single cruise I have tracked has gone up in price for every category on the same day. Either there has been a lot of purchases made since Wednesday (5/27), the last day I recorded prices, or inventory is being removed to prepare for social distancing. Below are two charts showing price history. Alaska cruises are for the last month and are given in average cost/night. Merry Time cruises are for the last week and are total cost (I'm only showing a week because the graph becomes too cluttered if more days are shown.)

Thanks. It looks like you put a lot of work and effort into this.

I have been tracking a specific date in December for Dream 4-nighter after WDW.

The cost for stateroom 2033, has been bouncing from $2,008 to $2,028 since February.

The cost for stateroom 6006, has been bouncing from $2,096 to $2,2,192 since February.

I haven't been on a DCL cruise since 2004 as a solo, so I'm still waiting and looking to see as I get closer to December. I may just do something else instead.

I have to remind myself: when data appears to be acting strangely, make sure there isn't a problem with the query/code. After gathering prices on 5/27, I changed the party size to three to check some holiday possibilities. A DCL cookie kept the party size at three, which I did not notice (and clearly filters does not reset it). So most of the price difference is the result of having an extra person. Some prices differences where so great they are probably real, which I will know after I recollect the data for today.

I'm not sure if it is related, but I have been watching a deluxe ocean view with verandah aft deck 5 to make my Feb cruise on the Dream a B2B. Deck 5 aft and mid no longer even shows as an option, only decks 6-10 are listed. I have checked several sailings around and in Jan and March and they are now showing the same thing. Deck 5 was showing as an option as recent as Sunday, but I hadn't checked since then until today. There were several available Sunday and I find it hard to believe all aft and mid deck 5 rooms Jan-March, I didn't look before Jan or past March, are now fully booked.

I'm not sure if it is related, but I have been watching a deluxe ocean view with verandah aft deck 5 to make my Feb cruise on the Dream a B2B. Deck 5 aft and mid no longer even shows as an option, only decks 6-10 are listed. I have checked several sailings around and in Jan and March and they are now showing the same thing. Deck 5 was showing as an option as recent as Sunday, but I hadn't checked since then until today. There were several available Sunday and I find it hard to believe all aft and mid deck 5 rooms Jan-March, I didn't look before Jan or past March, are now fully booked.
Maybe planning social distancing onboard by pulling rooms from availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!