Renewed my passport

Cruise

Wake up, your month is up!;)
This question comes up every so often, so I thought I'd share my experience.

I sent off my passport for renewal on April 9th since it was expiring this coming July. I received the new passport back in the mail today (May 3rd) along with my previous passport which has been voided. A little over 3 weeks turnaround time. I thought it may take longer since we're coming up on summer travel season, but no problems :)

Julie

They send the old one back?! :Pinkbounc I hated to renew because I didn't want to give up all my stamps! Weird, I know.:rolleyes: But it shows all the neat places I went while in college! I'll be sending mine in soon! Thanks for the info!:D :p

Originally posted by house_of_princesses
They send the old one back?! :Pinkbounc I hated to renew because I didn't want to give up all my stamps!

I had heard that you needed to put in a note saying you wanted the old one back. However, on the renewal application, it says that the old one will be returned with the renewed one. I didn't include a note or anything - they just automatically sent it back. They punch a couple of holes in the front page of the passport to show that it's voided.

And it's not weird to want it back. Lots of people do :) I wanted mine back mostly for the Australian visa page. The stamps for the UK are boring now (hubby is British and we go there WAY too much), but really wanted to be able to keep the Australian and New Zealand stamps :)

Julie

We renewed DD19's on March 7 and got it back on April 7. Yes, they did send the old one back with holes punched in the cover.

We just sent away passports on 4/21 for my other two teens for renewal and the guy said I should use the expedited service because it takes at least 25 business days with regular service. That was so much more expensive I said no. I'll take my chances on getting them back by 5/17. If not, no big deal I have their BC's. These two were originally not coming with so that is why I did not send all three at for renewal at once.

The first one I sent thru the County Clerks office and the other send I sent thru the Post Office...we will see if there is a difference in time in getting them back!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter