Renewing Vows @ Disney LOW budget

Arthur2990

P-p-please, Raoul. I can give you DVC.
My husband and I were talking about renewing our Vows at Disney. The thing is it would be just us and maybe a couple friends, so we are not looking at spending a lot. Is there any 'approved' way to do something on this scale are we still talking about spending a couple thousand dollars on a ceremony to be able to do such a thing on Disney property?

So the cheapest official Disney wedding/vow renewal (they're treated interchangeably) is the Memories Collection, which costs $3,500. But there are cheaper options available at non-Disney resorts and restaurants on WDW property. Paddlefish has a $500 ceremony-only option. House of Blues has a $1,365 ceremony option. The Characters in Flight Balloon does ceremonies for about $2,000. Shades of Green starts at $2,500, but you must have a military or government connection.

It is also legal to have a ceremony in your hotel room, but officiants on Disney's approved vendor list are not allowed to perform them. Probably not an issue for you with a vow renewal, though. You just can't do an unauthorized ceremony in any of the public areas of the parks and resorts without potentially getting the boot from Disney.

We looked into this last year. Unfortunately if you want anything at a Disney resort or in the parks, you'll have to cough up the cash for the smallest Disney wedding package. They don't do anything special for vow renewals or very small parties (we were only looking at it being us and our two sons...no way I could justify that cost for 2 adults and 2 kids!). And if you want something that's at all organized (photography, officiant, ceremony no matter how small) in the parks or resorts, you have to do it Disney's way.

We ended up just finding a nice spot in MK, and recited vows to each other while our kids were there. No photographer (not allowed), no officiant, just us recommitting. Then we celebrated as a family. We had to make sure it was away from any walkways or places we'd be blocking other guests from moving around or getting in line for something (FWIW it was at the Cinderella fountain and we were very careful to keep it short so we weren't monopolizing the spot). You could do something similar, make sure everyone has park tickets and just do something very quick and informal with a few friends to witness, and plan a nice celebration meal right afterward.

So the cheapest official Disney wedding/vow renewal (they're treated interchangeably) is the Memories Collection, which costs $3,500. But there are cheaper options available at non-Disney resorts and restaurants on WDW property. Paddlefish has a $500 ceremony-only option. House of Blues has a $1,365 ceremony option. The Characters in Flight Balloon does ceremonies for about $2,000. Shades of Green starts at $2,500, but you must have a military or government connection.

It is also legal to have a ceremony in your hotel room, but officiants on Disney's approved vendor list are not allowed to perform them. Probably not an issue for you with a vow renewal, though. You just can't do an unauthorized ceremony in any of the public areas of the parks and resorts without potentially getting the boot from Disney.
piggy backing on. DS is going to propose to his GF in March. (I'd love the Roots contact info). We have hinted at a Disney Memories wedding. Just them and parents and siblings might to meal later. Her dad is retired military. Would that connection work for a SOG ceremony/event?

piggy backing on. DS is going to propose to his GF in March. (I'd love the Roots contact info). We have hinted at a Disney Memories wedding. Just them and parents and siblings might to meal later. Her dad is retired military. Would that connection work for a SOG ceremony/event?

Congratulations! That connection will definitely work if they want to be married at Shades of Green. Note that this would not be an official Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding, which has some implications if they want to add a dessert party or a bridal portrait session inside Magic Kingdom.

Otherwise, Disney has completely done away with its package weddings, including Memories, so the lowest price is now $5,000. However, there are no guest limits or day-of-the-week restrictions anymore.

You can reach the Roots here! https://rootweddings.com/blog/contact-the-roots/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!