Rental car from PC to MCO

JulieBeeRN

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Which rental car company do you prefer? Just wanting to ensure that I use a company that has shuttle service from Disney’s port. Thanks!

Which rental car company do you prefer? Just wanting to ensure that I use a company that has shuttle service from Disney’s port. Thanks!
We've only used a rental once, and it was Hertz. We went with them because they had the best deal at the time. Really, just look for the best deal. They're all about the same.

If you just need transportation to the airport I recommend using a shuttle service. I have done the car rental thing (i used budget) and also shuttle (cortrans). The shuttle to the airport was available when we came out of the luggage area. We boarded and within 45mins we were at the airport. I scheduled our return flight for 11am so I was super worried but we were at the terminal with plenty of time to spare.

With the car rental, I had to take the car rental shuttle (with family and luggage), to the car rental office. Then unload luggage, wait in line, sign paperwork, inspect car, load luggage etc and drive to MCO (buy gas, drop off car etc).
Will never do the car rental again unless I am headed to another destination after the cruise

Our flight doesn’t leave until 11am the next day so I was thinking about getting a car to have some flexibility, rather than just going straight to the airport hotel.

So, do all of the rental companies in Port Canaveral have shuttle service?
Yes. They all pick up guests from the same place, next to the DCL shuttles. Hertz is the closest in distance, but it will not matter much if you just miss their shuttle. I would just go with the best deal.

We have used Budget and National/Enterprise. We usually get a car for the flexibility. Both have shuttles. We go for the best price. Personally we prefer National. My husband is an Emerald member, so best price, easy pick up etc. Their shuttles were clean and prompt.

We've done the car rental from Budget, Costco and Air Miles. Air Miles is by far the best deal if you have enough points. For me as a Canadian I can get a car for less than 15 dollars. When I can't get an air miles rental my second choice is Costco.
For post cruise if you have the day definitely get the car. Good time to head to Downtown Disney, the outlet mall, Ifly, Kennedy, Kelsey's for dinner, etc. We brought a car back to Budget the one time and the lady told us to keep it and enjoy it since it's a 24 hour rental anyways. The rental shuttles are all there when you get off the ship. Only thing to keep in mind is that one gas station across from the airport Suncoast charges twice as much as anyone else for gas. Better go 1 minute down the street.

We've done the car rental from Budget, Costco and Air Miles. Air Miles is by far the best deal if you have enough points. For me as a Canadian I can get a car for less than 15 dollars. When I can't get an air miles rental my second choice is Costco.
For post cruise if you have the day definitely get the car. Good time to head to Downtown Disney, the outlet mall, Ifly, Kennedy, Kelsey's for dinner, etc. We brought a car back to Budget the one time and the lady told us to keep it and enjoy it since it's a 24 hour rental anyways. The rental shuttles are all there when you get off the ship. Only thing to keep in mind is that one gas station across from the airport Suncoast charges twice as much as anyone else for gas. Better go 1 minute down the street.

We always get our rental car from Costco and get really good deals. Thanks for the advice!

FWIW, the Budget line was really long when we last used the rental car shuttles at the port. We were on National and only waited a couple of minutes for a bus and were only the second group in line.

So this experience is dated, as they now have some rental car companies right at Port Canaveral . . . but my wife (with DS and sometimes DMinL) had a system . . .

I would disembark approx 1/2 hour earlier with just a small carry-on and walk out to get shuttle to car rental service in Cocoa Beach. Clearing customs was easy as I had no luggage.

By the time, wife et al would finish their breakfast get off the ship, claim their baggage and get through customs, I would be waiting to pick them up at one curb or another. We would be on our way!

Oh, and this is only if we were heading to the parks and needed an automobile. If only going to MCO . . . (1 or 2 people -- take the Disney Shuttle; 4 or more people -- hire a car or Uber/Lyft; 3 people -- pick'em?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!