Rental car prices

blondietink

DIS Veteran
FYI - A brand new Costco recently opened in a city near us so we became members thinking of getting some food supplies while at Aulani at the Costco there (we are 4 adults, so lots of food needed). Anyway, I also checked rental car prices through Costco and they came out more than $50 less than what I could find on the next cheapest site discounthawaiicarrental.com on both Oahu and Kauai. So, if anybody wants/needs a rental car while in Hawaii, check it out. I also compared to what we could get through Sam's club and Costco was still cheaper.

Last month Costco beat out everyone else for my Orlando car rental too. I have our vehicle reserved thru discountcarrentalhawaii right now for august but I am going to keep checking Costco, thanks for the reminder!

I check Costco every day to see if the price drops, as suggested on this board. Also check dicsounthawaii as well. Last weekend, I jumped on and the Costco price had dropped by $100 for a 9 day full sized SUV. I rebooked at that rate and cancelled my existing one with Costco. Later that evening, I checked Costco again and the price had increased by $98. So it was lower but not for long. So if you see a price drop, rebook right then! Costco has been beating discounthawaii each time by at least $70.

At least at the one new one near me, I am seeing pre-made caeser salads, pre-made chicken alfredo, etc. Also looking at the lettuce, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cold cuts, chips, etc. The meat looks pretty good, too, so we might get some steaks for the grills at Aulani. The chicken is in too huge of a quantity to use up in a week, so we would have to buy that at Target or Safeway. Since we are 4 adults, we can go through a pound of bacon a day, and plan on making sandwiches, etc. for on the road picnics or at the beach/pool.

We got the Costco membership for mostly just the rental cars. I check prices often and I have a standard car in June for 12 days and only $260. We used them back in October for a 3 day trip to Boston and our total was only $65. It was over $100 with my original travelocity reservation.

Good to know :thumbsup2 I've been a Costco member for a decade and never used this :) Atlas Choice is our go to car rental for Hawaii and Florida. Checking 2nd week of August for comparison, Atlas Choice is $30-$50 less per week for economy, midsize, full size, and minivan, however Costco Travel was cheaper for Standard Car and Intermediate SUV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter