Rentals in Celebration

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
Hi:
DH and I have considered moving to FL permanently for several years. We are retired and work part time so we are not looking for full time employment. We rented for four months in Clermont a little over a year ago and loved it. We just wanted to be closer to the Disney area. DH wants to consider moving to FL permanently. We decided that the best thing to do would be rent for a year and be sure this is what we want. We own our home and don't want to sell until we are sure this would be the right move. I contacted a real estate agent over a month ago about rentals in Celebration because that is where we would like to rent. So far, she hasn't been very interested in sending me much info. I think she's not interested because we want to rent rather than buy. I saw rentals in Celebration for Emerson and Evander Square which seem to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any info on these places or others? Also, when I asked the real estate agent of possible nice rentals other than Celebration, she said there weren't any nice areas like Celebration. I find it hard to believe that there aren't other nice places in the area. We do have a large dog which I know limits some of the possibilities. Any suggestions or help would be great.
Thank you.

It's bizarre to me that the real estate agent said Celebration was the only nice area around.

I would look at Windermere and Dr. Phillips. These are both wonderful communities within minutes of WDW.

I would check websites like Trulia for rentals.

I agree. We know there are nice areas around Disney so I was surprised when she couldn't suggest any. I really think she doesn't want to bother with us because we want to rent first before buying. We are headed down to Disney end of September and we are going to go over to Celebration and I will find another agent. Apparently, she doesn't see the benefit of helping us find an apartment for a year and then if we do buy getting the commission at that time. I intend to send her an email when I have a new agent.

The Sola apartment complex in Celebration was yellow-tagged a few weeks ago. Residents have 30 days to get out. Rentals have been going fast these past couple of weeks and real estate agents have been busy trying to find places for these people. It's a complete mess. Could be why your agent hasn't been responding to you.

Meanwhile, I would agree that there are lots of other communities to look at.

Thank you for telling me. Why was it yellow tagged? What does that mean? That could explain why she hasn't sent me new listings. How horrible for the people who lived there.

Thank you for telling me. Why was it yellow tagged? What does that mean? That could explain why she hasn't sent me new listings. How horrible for the people who lived there.

There wasn't enough support on the corner balconies. It's a fairly new complex - I think only two years. But the corners started sagging, and then it began to impact the middle. I guess yellow gives them time to move out.

I can't imagine being nice and settled and then told I have 30 days to find a new place to live. Worse is that everyone else was told the same thing so it's that many people looking for the same thing - a place to live in Celebration pronto!

The school district will allow the kids to stay at the schools if they move out of zone. So that's one less worry.

I hope you do find what you are looking for. I have friends in both Emerson and Evander Square and they are all happy.

I will definitely check out Emerson and Evader Square. Glad to hear they like it.

Hi: I am taking the suggestions that diznygirl so kindly gave me and are still looking and considering. The biggest decision is whether to rent out our house for a year furnished and find a furnished apartment or to pack up everything and move to an unfurnished apartment. My preference is for a furnished apartment, but unfortunately, the rentals so far in Celebration are unfurnished. Unfortunately, the real estate agent that I have been working with isn't sending me many rentals for Celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter