Rented a rollator from Gold Mobility

coolbrook

DIS Veteran
I just returned from a seven day trip to Disney World where I rented a rollator from Gold Mobility. It was such a good experience I wanted to share here. I had read the great reviews of the company here and had confidence that they would provide good service. I was not disappointed! The delivery guy was on time and met me in the Beach Club lobby with the rollator ready to use. Unfortunately the storage bag that was pictured and mentioned on the Gold Mobility web site was not on the walker. I explained to the delivery guy that I really needed the storage bag and he said he would ask when he got back and could come back to me if they found a bag. He also went back out to his truck to bring me a bungee cord to attach my cane more securely. There is no under-seat storage on this model of rollator so the bag would have been my only storage. Maybe 30 minutes later I got a call from Ron who explained that they had just replaced all their rollators and he thinks the folks who assembled them accidentally threw the bags away. He offered to refund my money, but I really liked the rollator and I needed it, so I asked him to brainstorm with me a solution. After some ideas discussed he came up with the idea to zip tie a string backback he had to the front of the walker and offered to come to me wherever I was to attach it. After coming first to Beach Club to try and meet us only to find we had left for Epcot, he called and made arrangements to meet us at the DVC preview center and attached the bag while we waited for our appointment. I really appreciated his willingness to solve the problem for us and meet us at our convenience. The bag worked out perfectly for me all week. I would recommend them to anyone, and did all week as people asked me about my rollator. The rollator itself was great! It had a comfy mesh seat that fit me fine even though I am Pooh-sized. The wires were enclosed so they didn't catch on things, the tires were big and rubbery to go over the uneven terrain in the parks. It folded easily to hold next to me on the busses. You can see a picture of it on the Gold Mobility website. If I ever need to buy a rollator for at home I will buy this kind. Hopefully my ankle injury will heal and I wont need one anytime soon. Having the rollator allowed me to walk and maneuver, while still having support and sit down when I needed to. I sat down while in lines, waiting for shows, waiting for food, and as we walked from place to place whenever I needed to. It was just right for me, and we had a lovely and relaxing trip!

That specific one is about $150-$160 on Amazon. I'm surprised if had to be assembled, though. M y Drive version came out of the box ready to use. But I like Vive products, service, and customer care, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter