Renting a car & $ car parking

Albee

Mouseketeer
Hi
We are hoping to use our points in early 2021 at Aulunii. Opinions on if we should rent a car for the whole week. Also does DVC members pay parking at Aulani?

Yes rent a car for the whole week. No parking is free for DVC members staying on points
Just note that this is only true for self parking. There is still a charge for valet.

Thank you! How about activities? I have been looking around, do we hang around Aulani during the week more or the weekend? We are doing Pearl Harbor for sure, other things we should do?

Thank you! How about activities? I have been looking around, do we hang around Aulani during the week more or the weekend? We are doing Pearl Harbor for sure, other things we should do?
Aulani can get crowded on weekends with local visitors, so its advisable to plan any off-site outings on weekend days do avoid that. You will also avoid rush hour traffic by going out on weekend days.

As far as other activities, there's many things that can be recommended but it will depend on your ages, how much time you have, what you like to do, what's important to you. I would recommend a visit to the North Shore for anyone - exploring the area, local dining like Kono's, Matsumoto's, the shrimp trucks. Many people like the Polynesian Cultural Center if they're into history and culture. Diamond Head for hiking. Hanauma Bay for snorkeling. Kualoa Ranch for a variety of things and movie fans. Waikiki for shopping and dining. I'd probably recommend Waikiki to anyone too because its a very different vibe than the rest of the island. Lots of shops and bars/restaurants in walking distance, beautiful views, great people watching.

Aulani can get crowded on weekends with local visitors, so its advisable to plan any off-site outings on weekend days do avoid that. You will also avoid rush hour traffic by going out on weekend days.

As far as other activities, there's many things that can be recommended but it will depend on your ages, how much time you have, what you like to do, what's important to you. I would recommend a visit to the North Shore for anyone - exploring the area, local dining like Kono's, Matsumoto's, the shrimp trucks. Many people like the Polynesian Cultural Center if they're into history and culture. Diamond Head for hiking. Hanauma Bay for snorkeling. Kualoa Ranch for a variety of things and movie fans. Waikiki for shopping and dining. I'd probably recommend Waikiki to anyone too because its a very different vibe than the rest of the island. Lots of shops and bars/restaurants in walking distance, beautiful views, great people watching.

Agreed with the above statement! We rented a car for the duration our stay at Aulani, twice. We used the car in the am for the touristy things to do and then headed back to the resort to do the relaxing part of our vacation.... (the lazy river is awesome)!!.... Definitely take the car and explore the island! It is not that big and can be driven around quite easily. Do your research before your trip and highlight the things that might interest you.
One more thing... OBEY THE SPEED LIMITS!!! I‘ve seen many speed traps throughout the state. Last thing one needs is a ticket🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter