Renting a disney ecv at one of the parks

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: Is renting an ecv at one of disney's parks a quick, get it and go procedure. Also do i have to worry about the park running out of scooters for the day.

I believe you have to worry about the park running out of ECVs. Then how do you get from the bus to the front of the park? Most people elect to rent one for the time period they are there from local suppliers.

The parks have been known to run out of scooters for rent. The cost to rent one in Disney is currently $50 per day, plus a $20 deposit. Then as others have stated getting from Disney transportation (or parking lot if driving), is far. Sometimes they have courtesy wheelchairs to help with that part of travel. But truthfully, I've never seen any left in their location. In other wor ds, they were already in use.

You will finding renting one from an outside vendor, cheaper and you could have them for your entire length of stay. They do rent models that can easily be broken down to fit into personal vehicle trunks. All of Disney transportation (except small ferry boats) can accept mobility scootrrs.

Hi: If you have your own push wheel chair can you leave it with disney when you rent a scooter.

Hi: Is renting an ecv at one of disney's parks a quick, get it and go procedure. Also do i have to worry about the park running out of scooters for the day.
I echo all the above posters’ sentiments in regards to using an outside vendor, but to answer your questions:

1. yes, it’s pretty quick and painless
2. yes, you do, unless you’re an early riser & you don’t plan on park hopping. Even if you leave the park, we were told we could have that one “held” for us until we return (that obviously requires going back to the same park!)... but that policy may vary 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have people here ever experienced the parks running out of scooters? I'm just curious, wondering how lucky I was. I rented a scooter once at Epcot and once at AK. Both times I slept late and didn't show up until around 11:00. Both times there were plenty of scooters available.

Have people here ever experienced the parks running out of scooters? I'm just curious, wondering how lucky I was. I rented a scooter once at Epcot and once at AK. Both times I slept late and didn't show up until around 11:00. Both times there were plenty of scooters available.
Yes seen it more then once

Yes, I have seen it many, many times, sometimes as early as an hour after park opening. I wish Disney would do as some other parks have started doing and let you rent one in advance from their website (no refunds for no shows though), then you would know you are guaranteed a scooter whenever you arrive.

I've seen it - just a bit over a week ago we were there, and talking to a lovely couple who thought they could just show up and she could rent at the Parks. They had found that at some point in the previous 3 days, all 4 parks had been rented out, and they had no choice but to sit and wait - in January no less. I gave them the names of some of the more popular scooter companies here, and recommended they call to have an outside vendor deliver a scooter to the Resort. Daughter saw them at breakfast the next morning, and she was driving a rental scooter up to the lobby at WL.

It would be interesting to know what the inventory numbers are for each of the 4 Parks!

To me, the best reason to rent from an outside vendor is the scooters themselves - Disney’s ECVs are like TANKS! - they’re huge and rather clunky

yes I have been when they were out of ECVs by 11am and a couple of times i got the last or nearly the last one. main reason I went to renting offsite

nope. and yes.

no it is not a quick process. one the line can get very long with people trying to rent them( and WC and strollers) two, they are not always 'right there' and the CM will have to run in back to get one.

and they absolutely do run out( early in the day) and even if they have a bunch sitting there when you walk up, that does NOT mean they are fully charged.

rent from off-site. it'll be cheaper and you will have it with you 24/7

Yes, I have seen it many, many times, sometimes as early as an hour after park opening. I wish Disney would do as some other parks have started doing and let you rent one in advance from their website (no refunds for no shows though), then you would know you are guaranteed a scooter whenever you arrive.

Thanks, I guess I was just super-lucky! But as someone said, the Disney scooters are like tanks, so best to rent off-site.

Thanks, I guess I was just super-lucky! But as someone said, the Disney scooters are like tanks, so best to rent off-site.
Yeah, they are like tanks and extremely slow tanks at that since they have decreased their speed to a point they won't even make it up some hills without assistance.

Yeah, they are like tanks and extremely slow tanks at that since they have decreased their speed to a point they won't even make it up some hills without assistance.
I rented from Disney our whole trip from Dec 9 to 19th. Never saw them run out but once got the last one.

The speed thing is ridiculous. We were at Epcot one night, it was cold and rainy, and I literally could barely get up the hill at the bridge between France and UK. We wanted to go home and it was agony. My husband decided to push me. Otherwise, I think I was going 1/2 mile an hour.

For our trip in June we are definitely renting offsite.

I am over the scooter shame and have totally enjoyed the ability to do everything that my family wants to do instead of staying behind because it's too much walking. We even plan to go to AK this trip, which I absolutely cannot do without a scooter.

We were there just before you and they definitely had run out a few times, especially the day after Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!