Renting an RV at Fort Wilderness

Sandi12404

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going to Disney in 2021 for our 20th anniversary. I wanted to stay somewhere different for this trip and I saw some information about renting an RV to stay at Fort Wilderness. I'm just worried that my husband and I have never stayed in an RV and want to know if anyone has done this and what tips they might have. I don't want to make mistakes because of my inexperience.

My husband and I are going to Disney in 2021 for our 20th anniversary. I wanted to stay somewhere different for this trip and I saw some information about renting an RV to stay at Fort Wilderness. I'm just worried that my husband and I have never stayed in an RV and want to know if anyone has done this and what tips they might have. I don't want to make mistakes because of my inexperience.
Renting an rv is discussed in various threads.
Don't worry about inexperience. The rental companies will take care of the set up and go over general usage.

I have used Florida Camper Rental several times and highly recomend them.
http://www.floridacamperrental.com/

We won't stay anyplace else now. So, Dave gave you one company, but there are many. Search this site as there's a bunch of companies listed.
Decide what type of floorplan you want, meaning what type of space works best for the way you want to use it. Once you have an idea what type, size and style RV you are thinking of, prepare to pick and book a site at Fort Wilderness. The rental companies will be familiar with what site you will need based on what type camper you have selected. Book your site based on that.
Try and figure out how many meals you'll be making at the campsite opposed to eating out. You'll have to purchase supplies accordingly.
Do you want a golf cart? Some people do just fine without them. We wouldn't stay without a golf cart. Just makes getting around easier for us. Many (all?) of the RV rental companies also rent golf carts and you can get them as a package.
You really can't beat the Fort for usable space just for your use. Many RVs have as much available space inside as a resort room on property, and that includes the deluxe's. Pair that with the usable space you have outside the door and I think it can't be beat. Outside picnic table and grill. They just don't have that at the GF.
Good luck to you, it really isn't too soon to start your searching and planning. Please keep us posted as to your progress!

from WDW site

RV Rentals

Surround yourself in the beauty of nature while still enjoying the comforts of home—courtesy of an RV rental!
Before and after a day of play at one of our magical destinations, you and your family can rest and relax inside your very own RV! Featuring some of the same amenities as our Resort hotels, RVs provide a perfect middle ground for those who simply can’t decide between a campsite or cabin.
Best of all, you can even have an RV delivered right to Walt Disney World Resort—meaning you can get your “outdoor” adventure started the second you arrive, without dealing with any additional hassles!
For more information on RV rentals, be sure to contact the following official vendors:
Luxurious RV Rentals LLC – (800) 561-8538
Meacham’s RV Rental – (941) 224-4939
Please note: Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

We began our stays at FW in the early '80's in the Cabins and our motorhomes and while we enjoy our time in the MH much more than the cabins, if we were celebrating a 20th anniversary at FW having never spent a night in a RV, we would opt for the relaxing time in a cabin rather than a RV. Comfortable like home, still isolated with space between cabins not like resort rooms, amenities included, housekeeping, house plumbing/electric not RV hook-ups, out door grilling or kitchen cooking or NOT, all still with the nature feel. SURE, contrary to what most will say but having been there-done that-and for a very special event comfortable/worry free accommodations instead of an experiment.

Due to the closure, DW had to cancel our FW stay for next week which is our 47th Anniversary. Luckily our reservation in July is a GO so I get to be at FW for a birthday stay.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

ENJOY!!!

Like the PP mentioned if you are looking to stay at FW and are unsure about a camper don't forget about the Cabins at FW. At just over 500/sq ft the Cabins would give you more room than a camper (especially in the bathroom) if that's important to you. When I looked a few years ago it was almost the same price to rent a decent size RV and pay for the spot as it was for a Cabin. As must as we want to try other resorts at WDW we keep staying at the Cabins at FW.

No matter what you do, a camper rental or Cabin, you can not go wrong with a stay at The Fort.

Are you a camper? Have you camped before? Camping isn't for everyone. We have loved our stays in our trailer at FW but we are lifelong campers. It is defintely a different experience. RV beds are a little different than normal beds, some are thinner but not all. The kitchens are different if you are planning on cooking at all. I really have no desire to stay in the cabins but I have friends who love them. If you are up for a unique experience then I would say totally go for a camper rental. FW is our favorite place to stay but we just hate making the 18 hour drive now that we are older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter