Renting at OKW

Minniemania877

Earning My Ears
For those familiar with Dave's DVC Rental, if we want to rent OKW but wait until 7 months out, will we save $1 per point? Our stay would be 56 points, so savings would be minimal. Am I understanding the process correctly?

I know we run the risk of no availability but we're ok with staying elsewhere should it not work out.

Thanks!

No, you would not save $1 per point. No home resort premium is charged for an OKW rental via David's. There is no reason to wait to 7 months if OKW is what you want.

What size unit and what are your dates? If OKW is NOT available, it is unlikely that any other resort will be, maybe SSR.

So your looking for Fri May 17, check out Wed May 22. That's 5 nights and would be 73 points. Your 56 points is not correct for this or the dates are not correct. That should not be a problem, unless grad nights are that weekend.

So your looking for Fri May 17, check out Wed May 22. That's 5 nights and would be 73 points. Your 56 points is not correct for this or the dates are not correct. That should not be a problem, unless grad nights are that weekend.
I believe grad nights have been gone for a while.
Denise

A studio for May 17-22. We'll likely book before the 7 month mark but if we have to stay at SSR, or a moderate, we'd be fine with that as well.

We got a 1 BR for May at about 6 weeks out. I know that 1 BRs are easier to get than studios, but maybe our experience gives you encouragement that a studio will be available at 7 months.

For those familiar with Dave's DVC Rental, if we want to rent OKW but wait until 7 months out, will we save $1 per point? Our stay would be 56 points, so savings would be minimal. Am I understanding the process correctly?

I know we run the risk of no availability but we're ok with staying elsewhere should it not work out.

Thanks!

Just curious why daves instead of owners on the rent/trade board?? As owners at OKW, we would not have to wait 7 mos. to book something.

Ive only rented out points on David’s but u r protected and not everyone is as honest as you!

Thank you everyone! Also, I miscalculated the points because we were trying out a variety of different options so they were sort of all blending together.
We just rented a studio at 11 months out for BWI and purchased our tickets from Undercover Tourist. So to spread out the costs, we'll rent OKW in a couple months, but will likely not wait until the 7 month mark. We like Dave's DVC and I'd be hardpressed to convince those in my party to go on a message board; while I believe and read good things, it's not something others in my party really can grasp and are hesitant to do. It took quite a lot of convincing just to start renting points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!