Renting points for studio at VGF or BLT?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
If we rent points for a 2015 trip for a week, the difference between VGF and BLT is a difference of $350. Do you think it is worth it to have more room? It will be 4 of us, me, DH, DS 8 & DS 5. We would like to be at a monorail resort because we plan on being at MK a lot. Would consider VWL, but we will be staying at Grand Californian in Sept (just DH and me), so would like to try a different theme for this vaca. Thanks!

Also, I am guessing this would be a pretty busy week, do you think we need to try to get a reservation at 11 months out? We would like to do maybe 7 months out just because of the timing of the bonus we plan on using for this vacation. We will probably go through David's.

Thanks!

I would pick BLT myself.
VGF was beautiful, but you still can't beat the location of BLT. The very short walk to MK and two quick monorail rides to Epcot is great. With VGF I felt like getting to Epcot took longer then it should bc I didn't stop to think about that we'd have 3 stops to TTC, which alone could take 20 min.
I know it's splitting hairs, but with those two great DVC locations you almost have to.

Try one this time, the other next time, book at 11 months if you don't want to be disappointed.

:earsboy: Bill

I would agree with BLT. Cannot beat the short walk to MK and the resort is great too. Try to get a room on the 5th floor to avoid an extra elevator ride to access the walkway to the Contemporary resort. Also agree with booking 11 months out because both VGF and BLT book up really fast.

It will be difficult to get either of these resort via David's at 11 months as they are popular and David's does not have many contracts with owners from these resorts. I would look to rent privately if you want one of these and at 11 months.

Are you thinking of a studio? I stayed in a studio at BLT in Dec with just my youngest DD(10). I loved BLT so much that I booked a 1BR for Aug for my family of 5. I was able to book that at 7 months. I also could have booked a 1BR at VGF but I don't think a studio was available. I opted for BLT for 2nd full bath and walk to MK.

I also stay at the value resorts a lot. Going to Pop in May for 10th time. The studios at BLT are tiny! I'm not sure you'll be very comfortable in one. I loved the layout for just the 2 of us but it will be very tight for the 4 of you and this is coming from someone who has stayed 3 adults 1 child in a value room more than once without any issues.

They didnt have the points right away at 11 months but they just came through at 10 months for all days of our trip (Late January, Standard Studio).
It's worth paying their deposit because they ultimately came through.

VGF studios are almost gone at 7 months so you need to rent from a VGF owner and book at 11 months.

BLT is easier to book at 7 months but on holidays they sell out fast too.

BLT is easier to book at 7 months but on holidays they sell out fast too.

if the OP is looking at standard studios at BLT, this is not at all true. if you want to compare BLT to GFV, i would expect to try to book a lake view room at BLT if you don't get in right at the 11 month window.

It will be difficult to get either of these resort via David's at 11 months as they are popular and David's does not have many contracts with owners from these resorts. I would look to rent privately if you want one of these and at 11 months.

We requested BLT from David's at 11 months and it took several weeks but we did get exactly what we wanted (2 bedroom, standard view) so it's certainly possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter