Repaving the loops

jaxjags

Mouseketeer
This past Monday through Wednesday loop 200 was resurfaced. The asphalt is now nice and smooth. No more previous repairs to navigate around. Word has it, Monday, the 700 or 1400 loop are next in line. We extended our stay for a couple of weeks and were informed we would have to vacate our site in 700. Twist my arm! We were surprised they could accommodate our extension request. We quickly moved to a site in 800.

I hope they can repave and smooth out that section of the main road where 300 loop comes out by the dog park. A water main burst under there a year or two ago and they had to tear into the pavement to repair it. I don't know if it's been smoothed since I was last there but that was a need too.

Thanks for the update, jaxjags.

Bama Ed

We checked in on Tuesday. We had reserved a preferred site for 10 nights. We were told that 200 was closed for paving (looked ready last night), and 300 would be going down within 5 days. They said 100 was completely full since it was the only preferred loop not effected. Maybe if they work on 300 they'll fix the main road. We were upgraded to a premium in 1400 so we should be safe here until the 17th.

I hope they can repave and smooth out that section of the main road where 300 loop comes out by the dog park. A water main burst under there a year or two ago and they had to tear into the pavement to repair it. I don't know if it's been smoothed since I was last there but that was a need too.

Thanks for the update, jaxjags.

Bama Ed

Checked out the entrance to loop 300. The large patch is there and is much smoother than the metal plate that temporarily covered the hole.

Jaxjags (Paul)

Hopefully they will address the drainage issues on some of the site entrances. We were in 2100 during February and for much of the time the end of our drive was covered in standing water. I thought it might be improved when they came through and put down fresh sod at the edge of the road but apparently its not common knowledge among Florida landscapers that water runs DOWNhill.

Resurfacing of loop 700 began today. The day long rains delayed progress. Loop 300 is on deck as the entrance is coned off.

The 300 loop is not being paved they are doing site improvements, new wood around the sites and are replacing the coquina with the pebbles just like in the full hook up sites. 300 was paved about 2 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter