Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

To be honest, I find Disney's own double-wide strollers to be way more bulky and annoying to be hit by in a crowd than a wagon or a double stroller that stacks the kids in front of each other instead of side by side. Disney's strollers also don't have compartments for bags, so you get people pushing them around with bags hanging all off the sides. If they're going to institute a strict policy about what strollers people are bringing in, they had better re-jig their own offerings to be less bulky / more storage friendly.

I'd rather see a ban on all double wide strollers than a ban on wagons.
There are some very nice double wide strollers that wouldn't be an issue, but I think Disney's strollers (double wide or not) are just plain too bulky period.

These wagons are no bigger than a typical double stroller, just configured differently. And, because the seats aren't separated like a traditional double, you can fit three kids in these. I'm sure the "families with three kids 5 and under" sect isn't that large, but I'd rather see that family using one of these than having to push a double and a single, taking up even more space.
Actually, they are substantially larger than a typical double stroller, particularly in length, which is where the problem really comes in as people can't control them as well. I used to take my sisters in a double long stroller and I know how poorly those handled, I can only imagine how bad these are.

The long handle on a regular wagon is dangerous and someone can trip over it. At least these push wagons have their handle up at waist level. I saw a bunch of these wagons at Disneyland and fewer of them at WDW. They did annoy me just by their sheer size and all dimensions. However, I didn't think there was a lot of difference between them and regular strollers. I dislike rolling backpacks, rolling coolers and luggage a lot more!
Rolling backpacks, coolers and luggage are all against the rules in the parks and shouldn't be allowed in either.

Good question. I was thinking of stocking up on mini bags of Doritos and selling them grey market at MK(Pssst--Disney charges 4.50 for these, I can do 3.85):earboy2:
I know this is in jest, but just in case someone actually thinks it is a good idea, don't do it, selling anything in the parks can get you kicked out and the remainder of your admission media (whatever type it is) revoked.

It seems people have been skirting the "no wagon" policy by using these (Keenz is the brand most often shown) that are a wagon but have a push handle instead of a pull handle.

I'm glad they're adding these to the policy because even though you push it, it's the same size/ maneuverability as a wagon that is pulled.
Yep, I am amazed they ever allowed them to begin with, but with higher crowd levels expected (which may or may not actually happen), they need to do what they can to clear the walkways.

It seems people have been skirting the "no wagon" policy by using these (Keenz is the brand most often shown) that are a wagon but have a push handle instead of a pull handle.

I'm glad they're adding these to the policy because even though you push it, it's the same size/ maneuverability as a wagon that is pulled.

I've also seen many people pulling them :p

Actually, they are substantially larger than a typical double stroller, particularly in length, which is where the problem really comes in as people can't control them as well. I used to take my sisters in a double long stroller and I know how poorly those handled, I can only imagine how bad these are.
The limit according to Len will be 31x52. I tried to find dimensions for the Keenz and i found 34x34x16 so it would still be within the limits if it wasn’t a wagon.

There are some very nice double wide strollers that wouldn't be an issue, but I think Disney's strollers (double wide or not) are just plain too bulky period.
I have a City Mini Double and it is almost the same width as my single stroller. You're right that not all Double strollers are monsters.

Actually, they are substantially larger than a typical double stroller, particularly in length

That is not true. The Keenz 7 stroller wagon is listed with dimensions of ~20" W x ~26" L; it does have an optional storage basket which adds about 9", but still far shorter than the 44" L City Mini GT Double, which is a very popular rental stroller (30" W by 44" L).

The limit according to Len will be 31x52. I tried to find dimensions for the Keenz and i found 34x34x16 so it would still be within the limits if it wasn’t a wagon.
34 is larger than 31, this isn't like the airlines where it is overall dimensions, this is if any dimension is too large, then it is too large.

That is not true. The Keenz 7 stroller wagon is listed with dimensions of ~20" W x ~26" L; it does have an optional storage basket which adds about 9", but still far shorter than the 44" L City Mini GT Double, which is a very popular rental stroller (30" W by 44" L).
Having seen them in person, there is no way the Keenz are 20"x26", those things are massive unless this is a newer nonwagon style model.

Keenz is 34" long, City Select tandem double is 43.5" long. It's also shorter, even with the sun shade up, and narrower. Google for pictures of a Keenz actually next to a double stroller, they're smaller.

Exactly. If it's just a matter of dimensions, the Keenz is smaller than many popular double strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter