Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

The keenz strollers clearly fit within the requirements currently set by Disney. They state:

Any trailor like object that is pushed or pulled by an electronic conveyance vehicle, wheelchair or stroller, or pulled by a person, including wagons.

Since this is configured to be pushed it is allowed. Additionally the current size requirements are:

Strollers larger than 36x52.

The keenz is 20 x 34.

So even if they change the size requirements to 31x52 it is clear the keenz is well within this requirement. Unless they also have an issue with a wagon configuration that is pushed but that would be silly.

Having seen them in person, there is no way the Keenz are 20"x26", those things are massive unless this is a newer nonwagon style model.

The Keenz, with storage bag, really is 20 wide by 34 long, or smaller than many doubles currently on the market.

What makes the Keenz look so much bigger is that the canopy on top uses all of height of the stroller for the full length of the stroller. A typical stroller is highest at the handle and canopy, but then gets much lower where the children's feet rest and the front wheel(s) are. The fact that the front wheel is so much lower to the ground makes it harder for you to mentally estimate full length from handle to wheel: it's just a trick of perspective.

If you were to line up the Keenz directly next to one of these strollers so that both of the front wheels were in line, you would see that, from front wheel to handle, the Keenz is the same or smaller than most doubles on the market. I did a quick search and here's the best shot I could find for comparison. In this case, the Keenz is a little shorter, much narrower, and folds smaller than what I would consider a normal sized double.

21151355_1970844186462932_3084438691104305041_n.jpg

The Keenz, with storage bag, really is 20 wide by 34 long, or smaller than many doubles currently on the market.

What makes the Keenz look so much bigger is that the canopy on top uses all of height of the stroller for the full length of the stroller. A typical stroller is highest at the handle and canopy, but then gets much lower where the children's feet rest and the front wheel(s) are. The fact that the front wheel is so much lower to the ground makes it harder for you to mentally estimate full length from handle to wheel: it's just a trick of perspective.

If you were to line up the Keenz directly next to one of these strollers so that both of the front wheels were in line, you would see that, from front wheel to handle, the Keenz is the same or smaller than most doubles on the market. I did a quick search and here's the best shot I could find for comparison. In this case, the Keenz is a little shorter, much narrower, and folds smaller than what I would consider a normal sized double.

View attachment 390740

I was just about to post this same image! Keenz look big standing alone, but when you compare to a double stroller they are actually the same or smaller. When you consider that most double strollers have a max weight of 80 lbs and Keenz holds 110 lbs, the Keenz is perfect for families with multiples.

View attachment 390740

Thank you for posting this! Much more detailed than what I was going to say. We just bought a Keenz because it is smaller than our double stroller but will grow better with our kids. I agree, the full canopy is making people think they are bigger than they are but the Keenz is the same footprint as a single stroller.

Seems like the only thing this is going to affect is strollers for 3+. For a second, I actually thought Disney was doing something but it appears all they are doing is issuing "rules" to make it look like they are doing something.

The limit according to Len will be 31x52. I tried to find dimensions for the Keenz and i found 34x34x16 so it would still be within the limits if it wasn’t a wagon.

The 16" is just the width of the basket-thing. The wagon itself is a little over 19" wide. The length is a bit harder to figure out - they only give axle to axle measurements on the website?

I was just about to post this same image! Keenz look big standing alone, but when you compare to a double stroller they are actually the same or smaller. When you consider that most double strollers have a max weight of 80 lbs and Keenz holds 110 lbs, the Keenz is perfect for families with multiples.

This Mom of Multiples agrees, the Keenz has an advantage in mass and number of kids it can (semi) contain. While it is arguably more difficult to maneuver than the citi mini stroller in the pic collage (which matters to me in crowds) it has the advantage over my tandem city select in that it looks imposing and people generally do not trip over (or try to jump over) the front which is lower to the ground and out of the gaze of many people. If they want to institute a turning radius, or force necessary to turn criteria which I think are more important to keeping the park goers moving, (logistically challenging) the Keenz would be excluded, but for size it alone it would not. I think they would have to make a "nothing that is pulled behind" clause to really filter it out. I'm not bringing one to the parks (I'd go with a Zoe triple first), but I can see why it is wanted for some people and I do not think it is going away based on the tweet.

I don't know where the PP came up with 34x34x16 but that doesn't seem accurate. 34" wide could have trouble accessing a lot of places in general, not just WDW. I believe ADA minimum is 32" clearance. Most double strollers fit within that guideline.

The 16" is just the width of the basket-thing. The wagon itself is a little over 19" wide. The length is a bit harder to figure out - they only give axle to axle measurements on the website?

True, though the axles are basically at the front/back of the vehicle so pretty close to the full length. The measurements I found on the website indicate just under 26" front axle to back axle, and the add-on storage basket as just under 9". Others have posted here a length of 34", which sounds pretty close to that 26+9 (actually 25.60 + 8.66 = 34.26). So that makes sense.

This Mom of Multiples agrees, the Keenz has an advantage in mass and number of kids it can (semi) contain. While it is arguably more difficult to maneuver than the citi mini stroller in the pic collage (which matters to me in crowds) it has the advantage over my tandem city select in that it looks imposing and people generally do not trip over (or try to jump over) the front which is lower to the ground and out of the gaze of many people. If they want to institute a turning radius, or force necessary to turn criteria which I think are more important to keeping the park goers moving, (logistically challenging) the Keenz would be excluded, but for size it alone it would not. I think they would have to make a "nothing that is pulled behind" clause to really filter it out. I'm not bringing one to the parks (I'd go with a Zoe triple first), but I can see why it is wanted for some people and I do not think it is going away based on the tweet.

I'm more than a little jealous of the moms today that can get the Zoe triple. It looks awesome! When mine were regular stroller users, we used a combination of triple jogger, choo choo wagon, and foundations quad because all of them had situations where they were good and others where they just didn't work. Then again, I was one of the last to be able to use the triple decker before graco completely converted over to the new car seat style, so there's that.

I don't know where the PP came up with 34x34x16 but that doesn't seem accurate.
I got it online from Amazon.

I would now go with what Main Street Strollers says since they apparently own and rent the Keenz 7s: 26.5 x 44. Which means that they are still within the size parameters that were reported by Len.

I agree with you. I think the Keenz looks bigger because it takes up more vertical space.

I still think the Keenz is considered a "wagon". Even the manufacturer calls it a "stroller wagon" so I think they will be banned under the "no wagons" rule.

I was there a month ago. I saw a dozen pull wagons a day (and yes about the same number of Keenz). I never saw one with a kid in it. See below- this was watching the Muppet Show. Disney was obviously having trouble enforcing the push vs pull wagon rule. My kids are 7 and 8, so it’s been 4 years since we’ve strollered at Disney, but when they were stroller age, the City Mini was just fine for us.

I was there a month ago. I saw a dozen pull wagons a day (and yes about the same number of Keenz). I never saw one with a kid in it. Disney was obviously having trouble enforcing the push vs pull wagon rule. My kids are 7 and 8, so it’s been 4 years since we’ve strollered at Disney, but when they were stroller age, the City Mini was just fine for us.
During the winter holidays I did see a lot of pull wagons and it was about half and half in usage. Some had multiple older children and stuff while the others were filled with purchases and the like.

I know this is also rumors and news but important to people planning.

Len Testa is reporting stroller restrictions are coming may eliminate wagon strollers.

https://twitter.com/LenTesta/status/1110207226763988992
We were at WDW the first week of March & saw a someone with a Cinderella stroller. Like the coach, a stroller version of the Cinderella coach at fairy tale weddings. Not the pink, plastic ones. It was fancy and LARGE. Must of cost a pretty penny. I just couldn’t believe she was pushing that large thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter