Resale process is so long...

Teresadoxie

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I am waiting for the seller to mail documents to the lawyer. We passed ROFR May 12th. We sent via fed ex our cashiers check for arrival May 30th with paperwork. Now, we are told we are waiting for seller to send forms. I am sure there is a good reason for the wait. I am hoping they do not back out. Is the seller required to get it notarized? Maybe that is why.

Anyway it's our first purchase and it's an April use year with 200 banked from the previous year. We can't wait to see what it's available by end of next march. So, if we close end of June and have dvc by mid July, march would be 8 months out for home resort. Would love a trip in the fall and January.

Thanks for listening. Just curious on other experiences here as well.

Thanks, teresa.

I had a seller who's husband's health deteriorated during our deal. Unaware, I wired my funds the same day I receive the contract. I waited two months for them to return the closing documents. It never happened. I finally got my money back after the "must close by" date in our contract had passed.

I had a seller who's husband's health deteriorated during our deal. Unaware, I wired my funds the same day I receive the contract. I waited two months for them to return the closing documents. It never happened. I finally got my money back after the "must close by" date in our contract had passed.

Oh that is horrible for both sides. Did you buy again? And thank you for the response

A trip this fall is pretty unlikely unless you do an extreme split stay and bounce around unit types.

January-February is more in reach.

Oh that is horrible for both sides. Did you buy again? And thank you for the response
That was a fully loaded contract, but waiting meant that points would start expiring. I already have four other contracts, and I was buying this one because it was a good deal. I still keep an eye on a few weekly email listings, but I'm not actively seeking another contract.

With one of mine, the husband actually passed away suddenly after passing ROFR, causing the paperwork to have to be restarted and the deed amended. Fortunately it was just a little more waiting from my standpoint, but what can you do? It still beats handing DVD an extra 10 grand for nothing...

Hi All,

I am waiting for the seller to mail documents to the lawyer. We passed ROFR May 12th. We sent via fed ex our cashiers check for arrival May 30th with paperwork. Now, we are told we are waiting for seller to send forms. I am sure there is a good reason for the wait. I am hoping they do not back out. Is the seller required to get it notarized? Maybe that is why.

Thanks, teresa.

We sent our cashier's check in on May 23rd and we are still waiting on the seller(s) to all get together to get the closing paperwork notarized .

We sent our cashier's check in on May 23rd and we are still waiting on the seller(s) to all get together to get the closing paperwork notarized .[/QU
A trip this fall is pretty unlikely unless you do an extreme split stay and bounce around unit types.

January-February is more in reach.

Thank you. DId some research on this site, which is awesome, and yes sadly I agree on the fall outlook. :thanks:

That was a fully loaded contract, but waiting meant that points would start expiring. I already have four other contracts, and I was buying this one because it was a good deal. I still keep an eye on a few weekly email listings, but I'm not actively seeking another contract.

I hope you get another deal.

With one of mine, the husband actually passed away suddenly after passing ROFR, causing the paperwork to have to be restarted and the deed amended. Fortunately it was just a little more waiting from my standpoint, but what can you do? It still beats handing DVD an extra 10 grand for nothing...

Very sad.

Yes, totally agree on the cost but the wait....it's like we are kids on CHristmas eve again..

We sent our cashier's check in on May 23rd and we are still waiting on the seller(s) to all get together to get the closing paperwork notarized .

When is your closing date stated on your paperwork? That's a long wait. Understand how you feel.

Hi All,

Anyway it's our first purchase and it's an April use year with 200 banked from the previous year. We can't wait to see what it's available by end of next march. So, if we close end of June and have dvc by mid July, march would be 8 months out for home resort. Would love a trip in the fall and January.

Thanks for listening. Just curious on other experiences here as well.

Thanks, teresa.
We had one where the title company kept telling us that the closing docs were coming. A few weeks later, they finally revealed that it was a divorce requiring court approval and would take at least a few more months. We were ready to cancel, but asked if they would cover the upcoming annual dues. Seller said they would cover half, and broker said they would cover the other half. We had seller bank points, and several months later court finally approved, but they still delayed signing by a few weeks beyond that. We had to scramble to use some expiring points. Hope things work out well for you!

We had one where the title company kept telling us that the closing docs were coming. A few weeks later, they finally revealed that it was a divorce requiring court approval and would take at least a few more months. We were ready to cancel, but asked if they would cover the upcoming annual dues. Seller said they would cover half, and broker said they would cover the other half. We had seller bank points, and several months later court finally approved, but they still delayed signing by a few weeks beyond that. We had to scramble to use some expiring points. Hope things work out well for you!
Now there's a nightmare scenario.

Totally agree. Nightmare situation. No word yet on mine....oh the suffering ....

Found out late today that the seller sent back the notarized closing paperwork last week and looks to be sitting at First American Title waiting to be processed.

Good news!! I wonder why they didn't tell you last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter