Reservation modification - swap points - different use year

montreid

Registered
We are finishing up closing a few (4) contracts and ending up with two different use years between 2 resorts. Mar and Aug.

Question:
-if we book home resort AUL Mar; but have then more points in AUL AUG (closing); can MS swap out the points from the reservation? Can they do that as long as same home resort?

No, why have UYs if any points can be swapped in later. If you cancel the original reservation and re-book with the new points that's fine, but you risk loosing the reservation if there is no availability.

We are finishing up closing a few (4) contracts and ending up with two different use years between 2 resorts. Mar and Aug.

Question:
-if we book home resort AUL Mar; but have then more points in AUL AUG (closing); can MS swap out the points from the reservation? Can they do that as long as same home resort?
You would have to be eligible to transfer points from the Aug UY into the Mar UY contract. Then the trip you reserved would have to be in the Aug UY that the points you transferred were for (transferred points can only be banked not borrowed). They will allow this only under those conditions because you aren’t circumventing any home resort booking period since the resort is the same (UY doesn’t provide any advantage which is why MS would allow this).

Essentially MS will swap points (officially referred to as reallocating your points) as long as the points you want to transfer are eligible for the reservation you want to swap them in. Though I believe a certain priority needs to be maintained (holding first if allowed, banked/borrowed second, and then current UY) so if a reservation had say banked points but you wanted to free them up and use current UY points they can’t do that.

Thanks all...so ask for swapping and done essentially via transfer....but that kills the ability to rent via that mechanism if needed so we have to be careful with that.

Otherwise reserve. Cancel and hope to reserve again without being swiped by other

Memberships are also only allowed one transfer in or out of your UY. While there are some who have had luck getting Ms to do it more than once for the same owner, I did not so you could be limited to thst,

I no longer worry and may be borrowing on one UY while I still have points on the other.

Plus, once you use transferred points, any and all changes have to be done by phone, Another reason why I dont transfer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter