Reservations must be booked at least one day in advance for this restaurant?

cwis

DIS Veteran
Was just checking same-day ADR availability at Via Napoli, and just got this message on the web: “Reservations must be booked at least one day in advance for this restaurant.”

I know most of you like making your ADRs 180-days in advance, but DW and I actually do like the hakuna-matata-no-worries-same-day-reservations, and this certainly hardens things up.

Is this something new? FWIW, the MDE app shows no availability either.

We ran into this last summer and we couldn't figure out why. Seemed weird to us too.

We ran into this last summer and we couldn't figure out why. Seemed weird to us too.

Interesting, we've not run into this last summer. Must be something they turn on on a day-by-day, restaurant-by-restaurant basis. Thanks for this feedback!

Maybe they want to have a guaranteed set number of ppl on the books so they might take walk-ins?

Maybe they want to have a guaranteed set number of ppl on the books so they might take walk-ins?

I was thinking this might be a possibility! If anyone in the past has been able to grab a table this way, please let us know!

Actually, been like this for quite a while. A year at least I'm guessing, but really can't remember now how long ago I saw the notice. We just plan those a day before now, rather than that morning. Could be the last time you looked last year it was right before the change?

Actually, been like this for quite a while. A year at least I'm guessing, but really can't remember now how long ago I saw the notice. We just plan those a day before now, rather than that morning. Could be the last time you looked last year it was right before the change?

Thank you so much, that's very helpful and explain a lot. We're there every year in August, most probably this was right before the change.

We just noticed Via Napoli has a lot of availability for tomorrow, we might secure a spot if we finally decide to go there before it is too late!

I'm guessing it was more difficult to charge for no-shows or changes when the ressie wasn't even made until inside the 24 hour cut off. :confused3

When we ate at Via Napoli last month I noticed that they were checking off reservations on a hard copy printed list when people checked in rather than in a computer. I had noticed the one day rule, as we booked it pretty last minute and I wondered if doing check ins this way might be part of why. Would be difficult to continuously update a list like that if they were taking reservations throughout the day.

I've never paid attention to Via Napoli. V&A makes a lot of sense. They have a different cancellation policy (3 days), they want you to know it is a set price tasting menu and you won't get out of there for less than $250ish per person, you have to dress up, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter