Resort Change by Disney

I just called about our August 1-11 reservation at Art of Animation (Mermaid room). They offered a change to Caribbean Beach Resort at no extra cost - I was surprised, figured we'd be moved to Pop. I logged onto MDE while talking to the CM and I found that it was actually cheaper to re-book a new res for Caribbean Beach with the new AP discount than to have her switch the original reservation over. Not sure how I feel about a large resort with multiple bus stops, tho - we stayed at Grand Destino last summer and while we loved the resort, the buses were terrible...Anyone have experience with CBR?
I'll be honest...CBR was not our cup of tea. Mainly due to multiple bus stops and the weird ME drop off/pick up set up/building. We also weren't fans of the pool set up. Having said that it was before the gondolas so if I had to; I'd give it another shot.

I just called about our August 1-11 reservation at Art of Animation (Mermaid room). They offered a change to Caribbean Beach Resort at no extra cost - I was surprised, figured we'd be moved to Pop. I logged onto MDE while talking to the CM and I found that it was actually cheaper to re-book a new res for Caribbean Beach with the new AP discount than to have her switch the original reservation over. Not sure how I feel about a large resort with multiple bus stops, tho - we stayed at Grand Destino last summer and while we loved the resort, the buses were terrible...Anyone have experience with CBR?
I’ll preface this by saying part of the reason we love Disney is it is an active vacation with lots of walking. We’re also DVC and typically stay deluxe. However, we really love CBR. The pool is one of our favorites on property (and on par with the deluxes, IMO). The pool bar is amazing and actually has food I want to eat (same is true of Spyglass Grill). The fifth sleeper is great and I’ve never had a problem with room noise. We haven’t stayed there since the Skyliner opened and I imagine that’s a huge benefit; while we love walking around the large resort, we’re not bus people and have had a car for the parks when we’ve stayed in the past.

Plus now, the walking/running loop includes Riviera and it’s grounds and dining (spoiler alert: amazing food).

Did anyone originally book reservations through hotels.com for a hotel that is not scheduled to open (i.e. Port Orleans Riverside)? Did Disney help you?
Update:
My dates were: Oct 18-24, 2020
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY : Keeping my dates
My original resort was: POR -Royal Room, Garden view
I originally booked using XXXX discount: n/a
I am being moved to: Coronado Springs - Tower room- water view
My cost increase/decrease is: n/a (I figure it is a lateral move)
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: myself thorough Hotels.com
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: I wasn't contacted, I called Disney Wholesale Department in ask where they were in rescheduling wholesale customers. CM said they have completed July. I requested a note to be placed in my file that I would not be canceling and would accept a reassignment. In addition, I requested a wheelchair accessible room since my Mom broke her ankle and will be in a wheelchair for the trip. The reassignment showed up in my Disney Experience later that day.

Just wanted to update that I was moved from All Stars over to Boardwalk. We checked out today and we were charged the deluxe parking fee. A small price for the nice upgrade but they did not honor the original parking fees.

Just wanted to update that I was moved from All Stars over to Boardwalk. We checked out today and we were charged the deluxe parking fee. A small price for the nice upgrade but they did not honor the original parking fees.
Were they supposed to? I was not aware of this.

wow, that is awesome. I have to say I'm a little jelly,lol...see so many getting upgraded like this, all I got was Asmu suite to AoA suite, not complaining still an upgrade, just stating I'm so jelly,lol😉😜

This might not apply to a ton of people but just remember that if you are DVC, no matter whether you are staying on points or use another payment method, you are entitled to free parking at DVC resorts. They charged us for parking at Riviera (after we’d been moved from GDT) and a cast member was able to reverse it. For what it’s worth he said he had no idea why it charged us as he showed me on his iPad thingy the indicator that I am a dvc member :confused3

AKL pool view has been moved to Contemporary theme park view for mid August. We had booked under 35% AP discount so it's about $70/night in upgrade, compared to booking with 40% discount.

Right now I'm booked for Oct at AKL -- do you think I should call and see what they'll move me to? Or just wait and see? I really want to stay at a deluxe but can't afford more than akl.

Right now I'm booked for Oct at AKL -- do you think I should call and see what they'll move me to? Or just wait and see? I really want to stay at a deluxe but can't afford more than akl.
I would call. They’re not going to downgrade you.

Just wondering for those here who were moved by Disney and have already had your trips / what did you think about your new resort??

Just wondering for those here who were moved by Disney and have already had your trips / what did you think about your new resort??

We were moved to BLT. I’ve stayed at CR plenty but never BLT, and I’ve never stayed in a villa before.

We loved it - hard not to like a massive room, laundry, kitchen, MK view. I’ve never been into DVC for a variety of reasons, but I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t poked around online about points and such since getting back.

Disney always wins I guess.

We were moved from CBR to Boardwalk Villas and we loved it! We were in a studio, so the room wasn’t a massive upgrade (although we liked the balcony and decor). The best part was the location, CBR is on the Skyliner, but it was even better to walk to Epcot. We also loved the Boardwalk area and the pool was a lot of fun. Even my mom, who isn’t enamored with Disney, said that this is the way to go. I don’t think it’s worth the rack (cash) rate, but I’d totally rent points in the future. For ~$250 a night I’d say we got a great deal :D

Checking in on 8/28. Has anyone with the same timeframe has their reservation changed yet?

We check in on 8/28 as well. A one night stay before we switch to BCV (rented points trip). I actually called on Friday so it wouldn’t be a last minute change. Originally booked at Coranado Springs, moved to Caribbean Beach Resort standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter