Resort Change by Disney

Interesting!! We’re currently booked in a Club Level Deluxe Suite at Gran Destino in early Aug. We’ve always wanted to stay in that specific room, so I hope we don’t get moved! But I definitely understand it’s a possibility. I’m not really sure where they’d move us? If we’re talking a lateral move.. I guess that would be a 1BR? I’m wondering if I should be prepared for a downgrade 🤷🏻‍♀️. Stressing over the unknown haha. The second part of our split stay is at Kidani and it sounds like that one should be safe at least!

Certainly can’t worry about it because they may not yet know who will be impacted by resort closures, as it could very well be dependent on actual reservations now that they released more info,

WDW website mentions that closures are possible of resorts when things open up, so I think that was their way of prepping people to be prepared for anything.

My friend said she would let me know when she begins to get emails with her clients once they begin to actually be moved.,,I will share that when it starts!

WDW website mentions that closures are possible of resorts when things open up, so I think that was their way of prepping people to be prepared for anything.
Before reading about your TA friend getting a memo of moving guests, I thought that Disney might be keeping some Resorts closed and canceling reservations at those Resorts to keep overall WDW attendance low. I guess there is enough occupancy available at the Resorts that are open to move guests from the closed Resorts.

I was strongly considering an offsite resort, but I booked on-site because if there are going to be restrictions on park entry, I want the best chance I’ll be able to get in.

If they’re not even opening all resorts to keep capacity low, what are the chances offsite guests will be able to enter the parks?

Also, if people are being upgraded, will they take the original category into consideration? Like say they are closing All Stars and there are empty rooms at AKL. Would they just move the AS guest right to AKL or would they move the AS guest to CBR and move a CBR guest to AKL, so people are moving up just one category but there would be more reservations for Disney to coordinate? I’m guessing they’d prefer to move the fewest number of guests, but it seems more fair to upgrade someone who paid more first.

It is all speculation. Whatever they were told by their regional sales manager could change at any time. I was on a call with our regional sales manager about three weeks ago and just about everything he told us about what would be transpiring in May and June did not come to fruition. Anything that is not published on an official Disney site such as DPB or DTA should be taken with a grain of salt at this point. Until we officially know, we don't know.

Someone being told by Disney...the regional manager got this info from Disney that their guests will be moved and to let those guests know that is not..at least not to me the same as speculation...

TAs are routinely given advance notice about things.

So yes, everything is subject to change, as it always is, which is what I stated. I am reporting that she sent emails to all her clients letting them know what would be happening

Last edited:

Also, if people are being upgraded, will they take the original category into consideration? Like say they are closing All Stars and there are empty rooms at AKL. Would they just move the AS guest right to AKL or would they move the AS guest to CBR and move a CBR guest to AKL, so people are moving up just one category but there would be more reservations for Disney to coordinate? I’m guessing they’d prefer to move the fewest number of guests, but it seems more fair to upgrade someone who paid more first.

All that was included was that people will be moved, Disney will decide and notify the clients directly with an updated email/reservation and that they will have no choice in where they are moved,

That is all we have so far and no new detail, nor have any of her clients been officially moved as of tonight.

But, until i have anything else,,,or if it changes...as I posted everything is subject to change,,,I’ll update then!

I was told the same thing. However, we were not told when this would happen or for how long. For all we know this could be for two weeks... or two months. We will just have to wait and see. It makes sense to me. With shortened hours and transportation issues regarding social distancing, they will need to run more buses. If they reduce the number of resorts for the first couple of months, they will be able To use the buses from the value resorts and redirect them to the dvc resorts.

Interesting!! We’re currently booked in a Club Level Deluxe Suite at Gran Destino in early Aug. We’ve always wanted to stay in that specific room, so I hope we don’t get moved! But I definitely understand it’s a possibility. I’m not really sure where they’d move us? If we’re talking a lateral move.. I guess that would be a 1BR? I’m wondering if I should be prepared for a downgrade 🤷🏻‍♀️. Stressing over the unknown haha. The second part of our split stay is at Kidani and it sounds like that one should be safe at least!

thats riviera, right? So DVC. So it should be good

I hope it works out or you. The big rumor is that the NBA will be taking over CSR for their "bubble" the end of July. I think they are releasing information next week once all the votes and agreements happen.

I’ve heard that rumor, too. I can’t say I wouldn’t be disappointed to be bumped 😔. But it is what it is, I guess!

Anxiously awaiting definite info regarding our All Stars booking for end of August. Will keep following along on this thread.

The "change" option was up and running last night in MDE/My Plans. I wanted to see what was open since you can't use the booking option. The only values that were open for changing to were AOA and Pop. There was PLEEEENTY of availability at the All-Stars yesterday for S&F before the announcements--like all categories. I wonder if they are looking at Pop and AoA for value consolidation. They just did the Pop refurb and were working on AOA. They have Skyliner which right now is the preferred mode of travel and they can easily move the ASMu suite bookings to AOA.

I'm trying to find posts and articles from right after 9/11 when they did resort consolidation, but I'm not really finding much.

I am booked under Sun and Fun and this could mean nothing--these are the hotels that I could have paid to "change to" for August:
Pop Century
Kidani Village
BRV
AoA
Saratoga
Copper Creek
BLT
YC
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach Resort

yeah pop and aoa are the most likely values to be open due to skyline to two park’s and skylines is the easiest to social distance.

Also watching this thread now! We've got a POFQ for 6 nights second week of Sept...fairly convinced that one will be kept closed for a time...so fingers crossed we'd be relocated instead of canceled on!

I'm wondering if they'll just shut sections of resorts off rather than condensing two resorts into one, as suggested elsewhere, such as putting all Pop and AoA guests in one resort. It would still make the food courts and transportation busy for that one resort which isn't what they want for effective social distancing
I reckon they may close off parts of resorts, for example at Pop maybe close off the 80s building and even parts of the 90s and 70s too, just having guests in rooms close to the main building. This will reduce the use of transport and food courts more organically. It'll also be more ergonomically sound for running a resort with regards to mousekeeping, pizza delivery and maintenance.
Who knows what Disney has planned and I think things will be changing over the next month so its a case of sitting and waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter