Resort Change by Disney

Last time I was "walked" from my resort, I was given a choice. Sounds like that is pretty rare now. lol. We were moved from ASMU when they overbooked it during free dining and were given the choice of Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. I liked having the choice between the two. It felt like I was in control of something with the decision. Hopefully, they'll do something like that again. I've got a split stay coming up Sept 5-8 ASMO Sept 8-13 YC. I'd be okay with an upgrade on that first half, but really want to stay at the YC- so hopefully they leave that part alone. lol

During hurricane Irma My 6 months pregnant self at the time and my 4 year old we going to be tent camping by ourselves. The fort was closed and we got to stay in Coronado for no difference in pricing. $50 a night for Coronado no problem. I did have to cut our stay by 1 night but I just booked a single night at pop in place of if. Worked out for me.

I’d be very surprised if they closed the Skyliner resorts. I went into MDE this morning and looked at my info for check in. I was surprised to see my TA’s address instead of mine as when I first do the online check in I always change address to mine and had done this months ago. When I tried changing it just now it didn’t save and her address was back.

My TA friend has been told that the initial plan is not to open all WDW resorts and that guests will be moved to other resorts, starting with A. move to the DVC resort complexes that are opening up June 22nd,

If this does happen for sure,,,things are always subject to change,,,guests will have no choice of resort they will be moved to,

For many value and moderate guests, it would be a free upgrade. It did sound like if a guest was not happy with the move, their only option will be to cancel,

No word on how long this would be in play or when WDW will have all resorts open back up.

But that is the message she sent to all her clients who have WDW trips booked

We are booked at Sports for 9/27 to 10/2. I sure do hope they move us to a nicer resort. Heck I'll settle for AoA or POP.. :)

We are booked at Sports for 9/27 to 10/2. I sure do hope they move us to a nicer resort. Heck I'll settle for AoA or POP.. :)
Agree! We are at Music in September. A bump to moderate or deluxe would be great, but I would love even a lateral resort move. POP wasn't available when we booked.

And of course, this is the first time we've ever booked deluxe! lol

Then you're guaranteed to be in that Deluxe! All this talk of upgrades is just speculation.

I'm assuming I'll be in ASMo, which is what I paid for. I'm fine with it, or I wouldn't have booked it. It's just fun to imagine an upgrade, kind of like when you buy a lottery ticket. Rationally, you know you're not going to win, but you've paid your buck or two for permission to dream.

Then you're guaranteed to be in that Deluxe! All this talk of upgrades is just speculation.

I'm assuming I'll be in ASMo, which is what I paid for. I'm fine with it, or I wouldn't have booked it. It's just fun to imagine an upgrade, kind of like when you buy a lottery ticket. Rationally, you know you're not going to win, but you've paid your buck or two for permission to dream.

I wouldn’t exactly call it speculation. This is what they were told from their regional office..and advised .to inform clients with WDW reservations at values and moderates they will be moved to DVC resorts but no choice as to where,

So, as of yesterday, that is the plan that was shared with them as TAs. Disney will be doing it automatically and letting guests know its been changed,

They just were not yet given a date as to which reservations it will apply to.

I wouldn’t exactly call it speculation. This is what they were told from their regional office..and advised .to inform clients with WDW reservations at values and moderates they will be moved to DVC but no choice as to where,

So, as of yesterday, that is the plan that was shared with them as TAs.

Awesome! Do we have any idea how long Disney plans to keep the mods and values shuttered? I know it's early to tell, but did they say anything about just summer or into fall, too?

Just judging from the Shanghai opening, Disney is going really slowly with opening. I believe the government has capped attendance at 30%, but the park has kept it under that. I wonder how cautiously WDW will move, especially with a second wave of C-19 predicted.

And of course, this is the first time we've ever booked deluxe! lol
Yep, just my luck too. I originally booked Pop for 4 nights. Then upgraded to YC for 5 nights when my cruise was canceled. I guess Disney is hoping I will cancel and make room for others.

We've got ASMo in November too :) (DD and I are taking our rescheduled May trip which November works nicely since it's a week after her birthday). Stayed there a couple of nights last year, we really liked the renovated rooms! Would not be opposed to an upgrade though...haha

Yep, just my luck too. I originally booked Pop for 4 nights. Then upgraded to YC for 5 nights when my cruise was canceled. I guess Disney is hoping I will cancel and make room for others.

Nah, you paid for a deluxe - Disney wants to keep you and your money. Disney would probably like the All Star guests to cancel rather than move them to a deluxe. If there are a finite number of rooms, Disney would rather the guest who paid $500 to stay there over the guest who paid $125.

I wouldn’t exactly call it speculation. This is what they were told from their regional office..and advised .to inform clients with WDW reservations at values and moderates they will be moved to DVC resorts but no choice as to where,

So, as of yesterday, that is the plan that was shared with them as TAs. Disney will be doing it automatically and letting guests know its been changed,

They just were not yet given a date as to which reservations it will apply to.
This is one of the first post regarding guests being moved. I have only seen flat out cancelling guest posts.
We are hanging by a thread and worried about our YC reservation the first week of August. They cancelled all my resort cabanas rentals....:worried:
Hopefully Disney will release more information this week .

We've got ASMo in November too :) (DD and I are taking our rescheduled May trip which November works nicely since it's a week after her birthday). Stayed there a couple of nights last year, we really liked the renovated rooms! Would not be opposed to an upgrade though...haha
Small world! This is girls' trip where I'm just taking DD, too. We were rescheduled to May after we had to cancel our trip from last November. We were booked at ASMu for May, but with ASMo, we're guaranteed to have the updated rooms, and I think DD will like the theming better. From the pictures, the renovated rooms look a lot like the Pop rooms, and I enjoyed staying there last trip (with DD's brothers, so it's not like they don't get to go to WDW, too).

This is one of the first post regarding guests being moved. I have only seen flat out cancelling guest posts.
We are hanging by a thread and worried about our YC reservation the first week of August.
Hopefully Disney will release more information this week .
You are very patient. I want to know now!😉

Interesting!! We’re currently booked in a Club Level Deluxe Suite at Gran Destino in early Aug. We’ve always wanted to stay in that specific room, so I hope we don’t get moved! But I definitely understand it’s a possibility. I’m not really sure where they’d move us? If we’re talking a lateral move.. I guess that would be a 1BR? I’m wondering if I should be prepared for a downgrade 🤷🏻‍♀️. Stressing over the unknown haha. The second part of our split stay is at Kidani and it sounds like that one should be safe at least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!