Resort/Community Recommendations

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I've got a $500 travel credit that has to be used by mid Feb, so we are thinking of going to Orlando for the first week of December. We have 1 day on a "park hopper" ticket with several plus features left, so we would do a day at Disney, maybe a water park, and a day at Universal. Probably a beach day as well. The rest of the time we would like to relax at the resort. We may have friends come stay with us so we are looking for a place that has the following:

1) 2 bdrms and 2 bathrooms
2) Partial or Full kitchen
3) Nice (community) pool area, with sun beds
4) Pool bar/tiki hut
5) Reasonably priced restaurant onsite (or close walking distance)
6) Private outdoor space (balcony or patio)
7) Free parking at/near the rental unit
8) Free WiFi

We really want a nice area where we can socialize, swim, have a few drinks or a meal, etc without necessarily having to leave the resort. We've stayed at Windsor Hills previously when our kids were small, and loved it, but there was no bar or restaurant there. This is a budget trip so I'm probably going to book through skyauction, but I don't know which resorts have the things we are looking for. Am I looking for a unicorn?

I've got a $500 travel credit that has to be used by mid Feb, so we are thinking of going to Orlando for the first week of December. We have 1 day on a "park hopper" ticket with several plus features left, so we would do a day at Disney, maybe a water park, and a day at Universal. Probably a beach day as well. The rest of the time we would like to relax at the resort. We may have friends come stay with us so we are looking for a place that has the following:

1) 2 bdrms and 2 bathrooms
2) Partial or Full kitchen
3) Nice (community) pool area, with sun beds
4) Pool bar/tiki hut
5) Reasonably priced restaurant onsite (or close walking distance)
6) Private outdoor space (balcony or patio)
7) Free parking at/near the rental unit
8) Free WiFi

We really want a nice area where we can socialize, swim, have a few drinks or a meal, etc without necessarily having to leave the resort. We've stayed at Windsor Hills previously when our kids were small, and loved it, but there was no bar or restaurant there. This is a budget trip so I'm probably going to book through skyauction, but I don't know which resorts have the things we are looking for. Am I looking for a unicorn?
Marriott’s Cypress Harbour meets your complete list of needs. More like counter service food rather than a table service restaurant though but they do serve Starbucks coffee. It isn’t far from International Drive and its restaurants.

Wow, it looks incredible! I don't see it on skyauction... any tips for less expensive booking options?

I would suggest holiday inn club vacations Orange Lake
Drive up golf villas, walk out to your patio. 4 golf courses, 2 mini putts, 7 pools, hot tubs, lazy river.
Experienceorangelake.com

Sheraton Vistana Resort is generally available on Skyauction for a reasonable price. It has everything on your list except "sun beds". Lots of pool loungers, but a sun bed to me is the giant king/queen size cabana bed; haven't seen these at any resorts in Orlando, but some may have them.

There is an active thread here for SVR: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/

Thank you! I helped my niece with a stay there through skyauction a few years ago. It's always been on my list, so it is definitely a contender. A lot of the choices for my dates have a surcharge but I will keep my eye out. I did mean pool lounger, so that's fine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter