Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

Well, it worked on us. I have been going to Disney my entire life. We're relatively local (just head to the coast) and AP holders but no longer stay on property. Once you add in all the extra fees plus parking (and it isn't really included at Fort Wilderness, the prices just went up $20), we just stay off property when we stay at all. I find it ridiculous that my APs have parking included but not for overnight stays. Just my opinion but we changed our reservations from on site to a Lake Buena Vista hotel with free parking from Mousesavers, a nice room, shuttle perks as well as 90 day FP+, less expensive than staying at an All Star resort and almost the same as staying in our tent at Fort Wilderness. We went ahead and renewed our passes for this year, but have stopped staying on property. We do still choose to dine at the resorts, but we have never been harassed for parking for the duration of a meal.

90 day FP+???

I purposely booked my trip this Summer to begin on a Tuesday and end on a Wednesday since those are the cheapest days to fly. It worked, our flights were $150/round trip on Southwest! I used to not worry about cheapest flight days and figured I'd drive or fly depending on prices. I'm sticking to it, I will not pay Disney a parking fee. Instead, they can cart my family to and from the airport on the ME!

Been at Disney all week and not seeing parking restrictions enforced at all to only overnight guests or guests with ADRs. I wish they would enforce since I am staying at BWI where it’s hard to find parking. We had breakfast at Poly and lunch at AKL. Neither time were we asked why we were there or if we had an ADR. At Poly I was ready to show my magic band to prove I had an ADR and was instead just asked to show photo ID. I don’t get it, photo ID when not checked against anything proves nothing about whether I have an ADR so what is the point of showing it? In fact the guard didn’t look at to even know if it was my ID, just a glance from several feet away. Anyone with or without ADR for breakfast could have easily parked at Poly for the day.

I'm surprised to see this thread still going! I don't often look at the Disney stuff anymore, but I got the notification that someone liked an old post of mine on here so I realized that people are still reading and posting on this thread. I figured people were pretty much resigned to the parking fee by now, or just stopped staying at the resorts.

I did as I said I was going to do and did not renew our APs this year. That's why I'm not on the Disney threads very often; I'm over on the Universal and Community threads! :)

More room at Disney for all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter