Resort pool entertainment

kaytieedid

Mouseketeer
As our kids get a little older the main focus of our trips are the great pools and afternoon entertainment. We come for 2+ weeks ever summer and spend all afternoon at the pools. I don't know if something has changed but this year has been different. If they close the pool for inclement weather in the middle if activities they don't come back out. Today the pool at wilderness lodge was closed from 11am - 3pm but no entertainment came out when it reopened. The schedule has things going on until well into dinner. I asked one day at boardwalk and was told they were supposed to come out but never did. Shouldn't that be strictly unforced?? If the pool is open you pick up with scheduled activities??

As our kids get a little older the main focus of our trips are the great pools and afternoon entertainment. We come for 2+ weeks ever summer and spend all afternoon at the pools. I don't know if something has changed but this year has been different. If they close the pool for inclement weather in the middle if activities they don't come back out. Today the pool at wilderness lodge was closed from 11am - 3pm but no entertainment came out when it reopened. The schedule has things going on until well into dinner. I asked one day at boardwalk and was told they were supposed to come out but never did. Shouldn't that be strictly unforced?? If the pool is open you pick up with scheduled activities??

If I had my way, they wouldn't have all the games and activities at the pools. The music gets really loud (so loud we could hear the noise from the Hospitality House pool at OKW and we were at the Millers Road pool). But if they do want to do it, I'd limit it to one hour. It's bad at BLT because it goes on all day long. If you have a villa on the inside of the C, you hear all the pool noise and you can't enjoy your balcony during the day.

We were at BLT recently and due to weather they moved the pool activities indoors. Even though the pool did eventually open again they kept the remaining activities indoors that day. Maybe just too much work to cart it all back and forth? Or doubt about whether the weather would turn again.

I was sad as our last day at VGF the pool closed at 12:30 due to weather...OK fine, but there were no inside activities, well one small child size table where color sheets were offered and a small puzzle??? Really, that's the best they could offer? Shame; for the VGF price they should have an area in the summer for this daily occurrence. CBR took over a corner of the CS restaurant and had wonderful activities.

At YC/BC if it rains activities are moved inside. My kids enjoyed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter