Restaurant Dining for One

Don’t feel pressure to eat at the bar just because you are solo. Going on my third solo trip in April, didn’t eat at the bar one time.
Not feeling pressured at all. Just curious if I would need a reservation like with other ADRs.

Hello,
I'm doing my first solo trip in October. Nervous and excited. Do I need to make reservations if I intend to eat at the bar?

No, you can just walk in as long as there is a seat open. This is a good trick if your ever with someone and want last minute spot at California Grille.

No, you can just walk in as long as there is a seat open. This is a good trick if your ever with someone and want last minute spot at California Grille.

I was told at Jiko that I had to make reservations, then ask for the bar when I got there. Come to think of it, that was because I said that I wanted to eat at Jiko whether there was a seat at the bar or not. Sometimes there isn't a seat available.

I was told at Jiko that I had to make reservations, then ask for the bar when I got there. Come to think of it, that was because I said that I wanted to eat at Jiko whether there was a seat at the bar or not. Sometimes there isn't a seat available.

No seat would really be the only time you would get turned down. I've been to Cali Grille a few times and the bar was all filled up so i sat in the small seating area next to it. ordered drinks and apps directly there.

No seat would really be the only time you would get turned down. I've been to Cali Grille a few times and the bar was all filled up so i sat in the small seating area next to it. ordered drinks and apps directly there.
Good to know, I'm thinking of doing this on my Birthday evening. Thank you.

Hi! This is what I have so far... and I was excited about Ohana but someone else mentioned that they had a bad experience being solo there. But here is what I have. I probably will change things again. But any thoughts. Thanks.
Disclaimer- This is my first time ever going to WDW and I am doing it solo. I am staying at POP and also on the Dining plan. And have a 3 day hopper.
9/18-
Arrival
Maybe go to HS
9:40pm Ohana Dinner

9/19
Morning at MK
BOG Lunch
Epcot all afternoon and evening

9/20
AK all day
Sanaa for dinner

9/21
Departure day
Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria

I actually did Flying Fish for dinner the one day I was at Epcot. It was amazing. Restaurant is beautiful and I sat at the bar. I was celebrating getting my new job. I am now going to be a Florida Resident! My server Chris was fantastic and I ate at the bar. All in all: 10

I actually did Flying Fish for dinner the one day I was at Epcot. It was amazing. Restaurant is beautiful and I sat at the bar. I was celebrating getting my new job. I am now going to be a Florida Resident! My server Chris was fantastic and I ate at the bar. All in all: 10
Hi!
When you eat in the bar can it still count if we are on the dining plan?

I would think so, normally they ask you at the beginning of the meal if you are on the Dining Plan. When you get to the welcome counter, ask the cast member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter