Restaurant discounts when part of a "package"....

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
DVC (or AP) dining discount...?

So, for example, if I eat at Mama Melrose, I get a DVC discount. If I buy it as the Fantasmic package, I:

Do
or
Don't

Just booked that one and the ROL package at Tiffin's and would possibly like a Candlelight Processional package when they open up.

I'm assuming I'll "lose" the discount.....

Need to factor it in for determining to buy dining plan or not.

Thanks!

Bonus question:

I also booked a few prepaid things like CRT and Spirit of Aloha. I know that those are discounted for DVC (and AP) members, too. But I'm pretty sure I just paid full price. Do they refund you or do I have to get that fixed now.

I prepaid CRT and was able to be credited the 20% discount to my AMEX when I presented the Tables in Wonderland when we dined there. That was a few years ago.

Fantastic packages are not discountable officially. We had a waiter at Tusker House give us our TiW discount for the RoL package, though, so it could be technically possible to do even though it's against the rules.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Spirit has a discount for ap. CRT has a discount for Dvc and ap.

For tiw at crt they refund the discount when you’re there. They’ll likely do the same for the ap/Dvc discount.

Not sure about the packages. I bet the Dining forum here would have more expertise.

I recently dined at brown derby using our TiW card -- we did the fantasmic package the waiter was nice enough to apply the TiW discount to the apps and beers we ordered, but not on our meals.

We always just give our tiw card after we eat at crt and have gotten the credit. That is the only character meal we do.

Based on some threads I've found on the Restaurants board, it looks like AP discounts and TIW discounts don't apply to packages. So, I'll assume the same for DVC discount.

Hmmm. Time to start a spreadsheet and decide how important that Fantasmic seating is to me. lol

Thanks for the clarification on the prepaid meals!

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Spirit has a discount for ap. CRT has a discount for Dvc and ap.

For tiw at crt they refund the discount when you’re there. They’ll likely do the same for the ap/Dvc discount.

Not sure about the packages. I bet the Dining forum here would have more expertise.

Hi. I have been searching everywhere because I have the same situation at CRT for this August. I made and paid for the reservation, and 2 CMs tried and put me on hold numerous times and were unable to give me the DVC discount! So when we go, do we just ask the waiter about it and give him our id/DVC member card. Will they just credit the credit card we used? This is such an inconvenience - if they want us to prepay, they should be able to apply discounts at the same time. So many people probably do this and forget to have the discount applied when they dine!

Thanks in advance!

We have done the candlelight processional package twice with TIW. Our servers only applied it to Wine or Beer we ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter