Restaurant in Contemporary - Need help remembering

....one of WDW's best kept secrets [IMHO] is The Wave of American Flavors....we always make an ADR whenever we visit WDW.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
...of course, you can never go wrong with California Grill...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
It was the Buffeteria that had the characters back then. We also ate at the Pueblo Room. When they had the Fiesta Fun Center, it was THE BEST. We would play in that arcade, watch the movie they were showing in the little theater and eat down there. My parents would have "date night", and my brother and I just spend hours on end in the Fiesta Fun Center. It was so much better back then. Now EVERYTHING is jammed packed on the concourse level. It's like sensory overload. It used to be a quiet open space between the shops. So relaxing to shop in Fantasia, the convenience store and the women's/men's shops they had back then. We would sit in the lounge area waiting for our parents to finish browsing...and just watch the monorail come and go. NOW....it's just a headache with everything in one space.

It was the Buffeteria that had the characters back then. We also ate at the Pueblo Room. When they had the Fiesta Fun Center, it was THE BEST. We would play in that arcade, watch the movie they were showing in the little theater and eat down there. My parents would have "date night", and my brother and I just spend hours on end in the Fiesta Fun Center. It was so much better back then. Now EVERYTHING is jammed packed on the concourse level. It's like sensory overload. It used to be a quiet open space between the shops. So relaxing to shop in Fantasia, the convenience store and the women's/men's shops they had back then. We would sit in the lounge area waiting for our parents to finish browsing...and just watch the monorail come and go. NOW....it's just a headache with everything in one space.
Being a kid set free into the Fiesta Fun Center was truly incredible. Loved playing 'Punch Out' arcade game and ski ball. while my parents were getting ready for dinner. They had to drag us out of there every time to make our reservations (usually Epcot Bistro D'France or Alfredio's in Italy)

Terrace Cafe/Buffeteria, Contemporary Cafe, Character Cafe - all superior character experiences/food vs Chef Mickey's...at least for Breakfast, which was our staple during those years.

Being a kid set free into the Fiesta Fun Center was truly incredible. Loved playing 'Punch Out' arcade game and ski ball. while my parents were getting ready for dinner. They had to drag us out of there every time to make our reservations (usually Epcot Bistro D'France or Alfredio's in Italy)

Terrace Cafe/Buffeteria, Contemporary Cafe, Character Cafe - all superior character experiences/food vs Chef Mickey's...at least for Breakfast, which was our staple during those years.
Great memories...and THE BEST TIMES!!!! So sad it doesn't exist anymore. Although, this generation probably wouldn't spend hours in there. They are too attached to there electronics these days. Am I dating myself?! lol However, times were so much much better when things were simple and people didn't live beyond their means. That's the seems to be a way of life now.

Great memories...and THE BEST TIMES!!!! So sad it doesn't exist anymore. Although, this generation probably wouldn't spend hours in there. They are too attached to there electronics these days. Am I dating myself?! lol However, times were so much much better when things were simple and people didn't live beyond their means. That's the seems to be a way of life now.

Another way it was more simple - you would simply show up and eat at the character breakfast buffet at the Contemporary. No advance reservations and most guests were staying at the hotel. If there happened to be a line, my father would simply look down from outside our room and go wait in it for us. No stress involved!

Another way it was more simple - you would simply show up and eat at the character breakfast buffet at the Contemporary. No advance reservations and most guests were staying at the hotel. If there happened to be a line, my father would simply look down from outside our room and go wait in it for us. No stress involved!
Disney has crossed the line on so many levels. It's just not fun anymore. The insane costs, slashing benefits, bringing politics into the parks...that stuff would never have happened back then. They have just gotten way to greedy. Shocks me that so many are loyal and keep going! Some people are drinking too much of the fruit punch! It's sad too. I never saw my family vowing to never return, after so many decades of spending summers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!