Restaurant Marrakesh- Henna Tattoos for kids?

tetera

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

We are going to WDW in September during free dining- considering using one of our TS credits for Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot.

I've seen on several posts/blogs from about 2-3 years ago that Restaurant Marrakesh offers complimentary tattoos for children ages 12 and under (with purchase of a meal); however, I haven't been able to find anything about this besides those posts (i.e. no firsthand experience, and certainly not lately).

Anyone know if this is something that is still offered? And, if so, does it "count" if using DDP?

Thank you!

Last edited:
We ate there about a year ago and I don't remember seeing it, but also wasn't looking for it.
There were a lot of kids there that night.
The food was very good if you like that style of food.

I don't remember anything about complementary tattoos, but I was able to get the kids the henna from the shops for a fee, depended upon what design.

The shops offer the henna tatoos. Depending on designs, we paid $30 for one and $35 for the other. I believe real small ones started at $15 and there were ones more than $35 (that was the one we compromised on).

Just watch if your kid have sensitive skin. I had a henna tattoo in bali years again and had allergic reaction to it. It pretty common thing for people with sensitive skin.

I haven't heard anyone mention that in a while … not sure if they still do it. If I'm remembering correctly (we didn't do it but think I read a review) you got a certificate that you took to the couple of artists they have in the pavilion after your meal to get your tattoo. So not "in-meal" entertainment. But that's a vague recollection at best. Hopefully another poster can confirm.

Thanks so much, all- I knew about the Henna Art shops and showed my kids some photos from some other posts people had made about that (including price ranges) but I think we were thinking a) it would be a good thing to keep them occupied while waiting for food (we've wanted to try Restaurant Marrakesh for awhile, always end up at Tangierine Cafe- not that that's a bad thing!) and b) that it would be a 2-for-1 time-wise so we wouldn't spend the park time doing it (I think only my older child really wants to get it done, anyway).

That being said, I really appreciate the comment regarding sensitive skin- I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem with henna (and often dyed my hair with henna when I was younger, but it's been about 25 years)! But my older child has very sensitive skin/eczema so perhaps that would be an issue....

The Henna art is actually pretty quick. Like others have said it’s priced based on design. My daughter chose a $40 one and had it on her arm. Took no more than 10 minutes and lasted for several days with swimming and showering. She loved it!

I think we were thinking a) it would be a good thing to keep them occupied while waiting for food

The music and belly dancing kept our little granddaughter very entertained. The dancer (after demonstrating solo) calls all the children who are willing to come out with her and belly dance! We have some great pics!

Attachments

• IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
We went in 2014 with a 2 year old and 4 year old. No tattoos but my kids loved the music and dancing. We were there over an hour because my kids wanted to watch the dancers twice. Best they've ever been in a restaurant.

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate the input! We may decide to just go to one of the Henna tattoo shops separately then just go to Restaurant Marrakesh anyway- (if only we lived closer by- choices, choices)!

Again, really appreciate everyone's input! 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!