Restaurant Prices at RPR?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Here's hoping that someone who has stayed there already will clue us all in to what kind of restaurant prices to expect at the RPR. I understand that they have breakfast and dinner buffets.

I will be going to RPR next Thurs-Sun. and I'm staying with 3 big guys, so I'll let you know on the room size! I plan on checking out the buffet as well!

There are only 4 places to get food: The Orchid Lounge, Jake's Bar and Grill, the Balu Bar and Island's. The Orchid Lounge is a bar with appetizers priced at about $20 for sushi and other items. Jake's had burgers for $10, chicken quesadilla's for $8.50, ribs for about $20 and salads for about $10. Island's had tuna for $20, steak for about $24, chicken for $20 and there were a couple of other items, all at about $20. The Balu Bar offers a couple of items from each of the other restaurants, it seems that the kitchen is behind Island's and that is where all the orders go to. The buffets were OK. The kids buffet was $3.99 and had pizza, mac & cheese, chicken fingers, fruit, cookies, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I know, that is exactly how we felt. We had forgotten to pick up milk on the way, and we did not rent a car, so we thought we were stranded and no where to get milk, but finally someone said to me that I could walk over to International Drive and there's a Walgreens there. Sure enough one morning my husband walked over and it was about a 10 minute walk, after that we were eating KFC, IHOP, Burger King- all within a nice walking distance.

Menus from RPR will be posted <a href="http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/unimenus.html">here</a> on Saturday :)

Jo

Manhattan, you are just a wealth of information and I'd like to thank you for offering your knowledge. Could you specify how you got to International Drive by walking? I am also going down without a car and would love to go to IHOP for breakfast sometimes! Even thou if its within walking distance I could always get a cab (my knees act up ever so often). Thanks again.:D ;)

The shortest, safest way is when you exit the hotel go to your left and keep walking, you will have to cut through the grassy area- but you will see the trail a little worn since there were quite a number of people doing this. You will have to cross two roads, the first one is one lane heading towards you and I think I saw one car all the times we crossed it, there is a second road right next to it, but that one has no traffic (you will see some cones that close the road). Then you will have to cross Universal Boulevard- but there is a light right there for the traffic, so just wait for the light and cross the road. Now you will be on a bridge that goes over I-4 and then you will cross a ramp to access I-4, again, there is a light here, so just hit the button and wait to cross, now you will be right behind Skull Kingdom and IHOP is right next to it. Just as an FYI- we priced a taxi and it was $7.00- and about $15 to Belz factory outlets- which is about 7-10 minutes on the trolley.

[Originally posted by Manhattan
Just as an FYI- we priced a taxi and it was $7.00- and about $15 to Belz factory outlets- which is about 7-10 minutes on the trolley.

Thanks for your quick reply and detail directions. One more question, What trolley?

The I-Trolley (a bus made to look like a trolley car) runs along International drive and is 75 cents, or $2.00 for a one day unlimited ride card. It is the best way to get around on International Drive, I believe it even goes to the Designer outlet at the southern end of International Drive.

Thanks Manhattan, I had never heard of the trolley, where do you find it?

I agree the food prices are steep! PBH has better food choices & more reasonable. Many people were ordering pizza hut by the pool, we also did this. They delivered right to the room. I also some chinese food being delivered! Maybe they'll get the hint.
I didn't see any sushi at Orchid court, I had shrimp cocktail for $12.00, it was 5 large shrimp. They also had some beef thing, a crab & avacado roll, and one other item. That's it, they serve coffee & cappucino there so you would think they would have something to go with it???? Wouldn't that be a great place to have high tea?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter